Sunday, February 06, 2011

Integrity

What does it mean? What  (or who) defines it in your life?
Somethign I am learning/have learned recently is that people are watching..whether thats people at work, friends, peers, classmates or youth.  People are always watching.  They are listening as well, but if we dont act acordign to what we say...what we say wont matter if our actions dont match up to it (hope that made sense).  Where did this come from? well like I said, been learning bout it recently..been challenging the youth with it during Bible study nights and was reminded of it again this morning in church.  I was reminded again tonight why I am where I am now...here, living in this town.  It is becasue of the youth, the chances of connecting with them, getting into their lives and just loving em for who they are.  They are SO special! Again seriouslly..get to know your youth in the area..they are a HUGE blessing to have around!! I have also learned from personal experience that trust, take time.  simple things like saying "yeps i am coming out and going sledding with you guys" and remaining true to it, even if its cold, is building trust.  Yes its small but you gotta start small with trust in order to grow big and dig deep with them.  I know this and its SO true.  Also, i have had it told to me and I know from personal experience that youth dont want to be treated like kids or 'stupid young people', or be shown something fake...no they want whats real, whats true and genuine.  That is where integrity comes in espeically important in our lives as leaders and mentors for them.  Just in general as well.
So, for those that still read this..my challenge to you...BE REAL. BE GENUINE. BE HONEST. BE TRUSTING.  BE A BLESSING.  BE AN EXAMPLE.

No comments: