Monday, December 19, 2011

In sickness and in Health...

Been a while since I have updated this.  As I said in the last post-Life has been busy-which makes sense...however last week did slow down and now, I think my body is playing catch up.  if you notice the time stamp (after I post this) you will see that it is like posted around noon....on a monday.  So why am I not at work?  Like I said my body is playing catch up and by that I mean-later Saturday night-it decided "oh Hey, lets be sick..." so although I will spare you details-Saturday night was not fun and I remembered why I hate throwing up so much (something which I have not done for WHO KNOWS how long).  Although I did manage to go to church yesterday (Christmas music morning-didnt wanna miss that!!) I spent the rest of the day hardly eating and just doing now (evening took a 2 hour nap-still felt exhausted-also something which I have not done in a LONG LONG TIME-so then i knew for sure something was wrong).  So that leads me today-after waking up to call into work sick-i shut my alarm off and fell asleep for another 3 hours.

So whats the point of all of this? I have realized just how much I take my health for granted (like i said, I hardly ever get sick-cant remember last time I felt this way....).   sunday morning, as I was throwin up- I remember thinking- "God, thank you for this reminder to not take my health forgranted like I so often do"  Especially now with Christmas like a few days away and hey, just life in general.

My mind couldnt help but think back to the kids who are so dear to me in Africa and once again, I am so thankful for Seeds of Hope and the work they are doing there.  Because of God's Grace and His followers who heard and obeyed His calling in their lives-those kids are saved and healthy.  Even if/when they do get sick-the have the care and protection to aid in their healing and for that-I am SO thankful for!

Although I dont like being sick-a day off work is nice and actaully-timing wise-this is perfect (if it had to come anywasy).  I was super busy all last weekend and next weekend is Christmas (so that would just suck) and hey, I am good with a 2 1/2 day work week this week!

so stay safe, stay ware and keep healthy!

and have a super awesome, Merry Christmas with those around you!!
cya in 2012!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Al Sawatzky said...

it's not malaria i hope.

Nikki said...

thanks!
and no Al, its not Malaria! just a small taste of the flu! (not fun tho!) but doing better now!