Wednesday, June 10, 2015

100+ daily Miracles {Every day Blessings)



Pssst.  Hey you, yes you…can I share with you something that is SUPER cool?!?!

Every day, I bear witness to over 100+ miracles.  Every single day.

No, these miracles are not limbs growing back right before my eyes and no, I have not seen the dead been raised or the blind given their sight back and you know, that’s okay.  What I have seen (and continue to see) is the joy and laughter on the face of a child in a society that calls her ‘nothing’, but God calls her His EVERYTHING.  A child with burn marks on her face so bad that, even after multiple surgeries, her face will never look ‘normal’ again.  Yet here she is, growing up in a place where she is safe, accepted, getting an educated and, ultimately, knows that she is incredibly LOVED by just the way she is.  Others have stories of extremely sickness that brought them to their death bed.  HIV AND cancer plaguing their young body.  However, even in sickness and near death, God is a God who restores and renews.  Today, they are alive and healthier than ever before, completely cancer free and the HIV well under control.  That is a miracle.  

Every day I experience the miracle of being able to teach an amazing class of grade 10’s here.  Through different writing assignments, they have allowed me an ‘inside’ look into their heads and heart and I do believe that they have ‘taught’ me more than I have ‘taught’ them.  We have gotten to know one another quite well in the 4 short weeks of teaching and each day is an adventure with them.  

The teaching doesn’t stop once school is over as after school Frisbee with the younger kids, has become a daily routine here.  It’s amazing how a flying disc, can bring so much joy and laughter.  The value of a book, and the thankfulness of having had a mom who spent hours reading to me as a child, has taken on a whole new special meaning to me.  Now I get to spend hours each day simply sitting and listening to different kids practice their reading.  In fact, I do not have enough hours in a day, to read with (to) the amount of kids (youth) who have been asking.  What a blessing.  What a miracle. 

Every day as the sun rises and sets here, I am thankful for the chance to further develop friendships that God started when He brought my here for the first time in 2011, and again in 2012.  I am thankful for this chance to be where my feet are now once again.  Every day, God’s Grace, Hope and Love shines through the people here and it leaves me wanting more of Him. 

Yet, every day I miss a certain “crazy” group of 14-15 year olds more and more who are back in Canada.  However, every day I am thankful that the same God who is alive and moving here in Zambia, is the same God who is alive and moving in the lives of those 14/15 year olds at home.  Every day, the same God who ‘made new’ the physical body of the sick youth here, is the same God who continues to ‘make new’ the broken hearted of the young people of Altona.  Miracles from God are happening.  Each and every day.  Every day, I am thankful (and blessed) for the opportunity God gave me (and still gives me) to journey alongside them.  I miss you ladies and am looking forward to seeing you again soon

Ultimately, I am thankful for a God Who Was, Who Is and Who Is yet to come. 

I am thankful for a God who restores the injustices of this world and fights for the oppressed.
For a God who I can fully trust when He tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His image, a royal daughter of the King Most High.  

Every day, as each breath leaves my body, I am thankful for the miracle of life and the chance to worship Him.

No comments: