L came and went. I wont say it was awesome, becuase everyone who goes there says that, so I will say that it was something tha
t I will never forget- the fun, weather, lightning, learning, the team, conversations, beach, bowling-all so much fun. Even just hanging out and talking with team leaders and youth from up there-its quite someting what you can all learn. Lets not forget the ride there (feet out window) and the ride back right Niki? Good times. We both agreed that now we will never have to wonder what guys talk about when its just guys! lol yah good times. So a quick summary of the week. Left s
aturday around noonish- there by 2:30ish. Hung out. prep, supper this and taht, Sunday was church service in the morning, with lunch with the church after. There was some interesting pre church singing but it was all good. The rest of the day was just hanging out and chatting. Monday the kids came-numbers a little lower then what we thought but they did pick up the rest of the week. It was really good to see familiar faces and smiles. Monday evening we all did service projects- I cleaned windows and pulled weeds, it was an adventure!Tuesday like I said numbers picked up and it was really good, lots of piggy back rides all week. Tuesday was beach night with the youth and like normal, it was lots of fun. Wednesday was our free night after not getting much sleep the night before due to staying up past curfew chatting to having all the guys come running in sopping wet from the T storm that came up. It was actaully quite funny for the girls to watch the guys. Good times, sleep came after one in the morning. Wednesday was good-more kids, in the evening we went down to Mike and Tanya's (pastor) for AC and Tv to watch What about Bob? (It was ok i guess... I started on a powerpoint with someone else) Thursday was good-weather and all- piggy back rides again with Bowling with the youth in the evening. It was good, considering I dont really care for bowling but hanging out after with them was lots of fun. Friday was our last day with the kids and went by really quick. Monday semed to go by slow but after that, it just zoomed by crazy fast. Friday night we watched all of the pics taken over the week on a slide show and then some of us watched TThe Itailian JOb-it was good. So yah then we packed up today and were off by 10:30. Drove in some pretty intense weather. So bad that we had to pull over twice and then stopped to wait it out. Home by 1:30 ish. All in all, it was a great week, lots of fun and memories! One down, and one more to go!
take care

(I will add more pics later and check out officehourthoughts.blogspot.com and thoughtsfromsecondstreet.blogspot.com for more on the trip (maybe)
No comments:
Post a Comment