Do you ever take time to go down to your grandparents and just truely talk with them? Ask them questions like that? For those of you who haven't, DO. You have no idea what you
are missing. I have talked with my grandma a few times, just asking questions about her life growing up, different experiences and all of this and that, and not only is it good bonding, but you really do learn a lot. Though I still wonder how may Kelkie and Veranika she has maade! Thanks so much Grandma for all of that yummy food and more! I also have talked with my neighbour, who was a really good friend with my moms mom, my grandma who died way before I got to know her like my older cousins. Through stories, and talking with my neighbour, I can see just how similar me and her are/ were, sure it makes me miss her more, but I will take what I can get.Does the older generation ever get "jelous" of us, the younger genertation because of all the chioces we have? Or do they pity us, for not knowing what it is like to hold a brand new chick in our hands? Or not knowing how to fix anything tthat breaks? Or are they sad becuase of the messed up world we live in now (Lebanon/Israel- Do i Really need to say more)? I know that the lived through rough stuff as well (WW1 and 2, they dirty 30's etc etc) but still, do they pity us? Why is it so hard for some to accept change? While others take it as it comes? From hearing stories about how they lived and worked, well... people who read this 35 and younger, we really need to pick up the act in order to acheive what they did. Wow is the current generation and you and I apart of, lazy. I will admit I fit in perfectly now with this generation, but is that really something to be proud of
I guess the bigger question is if life is like it is now, what will it be like when we are the ones with a walker, taking out a pillow to sit on because our legs are old and worn? Will Family still be in our vocabulary? Will respect? Honor, Faith still exsist?
Well, I am out now, going next doors to my grandma's just to give her a hug, cause who knows, maybe its just what she needs to survive another day, to know that there still is good in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment