A question I am getting lots of lately and one that has gotten my thinking, is this, "Now that you (as in me) are done school, what are your plans come fall and beyond?" Now, first off, here are a few things I really am starting NOT to like about this question...it reminds me that school is done and that I am NOT going back come fall...which is a good thing but at the same time, makes me miss it all over again..again gonna miss the people lots, second, in sense, it adds pressue that makes me feel like I NEED to know what I am doing come fall....
Second...that is usually followed by "what are you doing now?" (acutally this question is usually first...but whatever) and my response is "Well working" For those from the area...they ask..."Supreme?" my response..."yeps" Their response varies after that.
Do you ever feel like a ditz and arent doing anything 'useful' if it isnt '"ministry' focused!? Right now also, Ukraine, especially the city of Sumy Ukraine, is on my mind lots...as I was there a year a go helping with day camps and camp there. When I was there, i felt Good, like I was doing something worth living...fulfilling Matthew 28...the great commission...but here at home...the feeling is FAR from that....
Last night, was at a wedding reception of friends of mine from college, it was really good to reconnect with the newlyweds and also friends from college from my first and second year...people who I really looked (and still do) up to...just amazing Godly men and women of Christ. However i was talking with this one guy who is just on fire for God. His wife is a good friend of mine and so have gotten to know him both through college and her...and so he asked what I was doing now and come fall...after previously having asked a another friend of mine from college as well. A friend who is working part timeat a ministry in her home town, and then going to school part time come fall and how God worked that all together, with raising her support and what not, is amazing. Yet here I sit/sat and my response was, "just working"....
It depends on Attitude right? Although I know I am not doing anything right now that church deems "ministry" ( I mean really, what truely defines minstry?") but you know what? I am okwith that....I am trying this new thing that Christ constantly talks about through the gospels and that the Apostles later pick up on as well...about living each and every day for Christ...I want people, when they look at me, to SEE Christ in me. With work...I wanna make that my 'mission' field...even though there are Christians there as well. Often I have found its fellow Christians thatneedthe encouragement as well. How this will look at work? not sure...just by being me...by being friendly with co-workers, by working hard and serving my boss and company that way and just smiliing. yes some days are way easier than others...some days its like, "really God? WHY am I here! I dont want to be here, I want to be out there" but I know God is teaching me through it.
Come fall, I am stoked to get back involved with local youth group..to reconnect there and just to give back to the girls...make that my minstry as well...toreally invest and encourage the girls and to walk along side them. That said, now with summer...I wanna connect with the girls here already..the ones who I have gotten to know a bit throughout the years of Junior youth, Sunday School and just by living in the same town with them...I am excited to go out for coffee with them already and just to catch up
a friend recently asked me, "how has Altona improved since I have been back after school!?" it is a question that i do not know the answer to yet but it is a question that remains as a challenge inthe back of my mind....
just a few thoughts from Troubled Heart
God Bless
GO bless
No comments:
Post a Comment