but in the end...as legit as they maybe...they are still just excuses.
I KNOW God is calling me into a deeper relationship with HIM. I KNOW He is working in and through me. I KNOW HE loves me. I KNOW He never left me. I KNOW He is right beside me. I KNOW He is preparing me for things to come tomorrow, the day after and/or next week. I also know that He is preparing me right now, for the race that lies ahead starting IN July. There has been this deep 'thirst' in my heart that I do not actually know how to fill it. I could give you the typical "sunday school" answers (which ARE good answers) but they never really 'satisfied me' before. I want the Truth. I want something Real.
So WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SIT DOWN. To PRAY. TO READ SCRIPTURE. TO HEAR GOD SPEAK?
Ash Wednesday is tomorrow ---> which means that the start of LENT
season--->leading up to Christ's final days (Easter), is upon us.
Over the last week or so, I have been wrestling with as to 'what to "give up?'" for the 40 days prior to Easter. In the past, I have given things up....Chocolate was one year, specialty coffee drinks (as I much perfer a specialty coffee drink to just plain ol' coffee) was another and Facebook was yet another year (believe me or not, I actually did it..mind you I was in college so I had little time as was for Facebook...)
BUT
This year, I
Then I remember that in the past, although I was NOT successful, I have also done it were I would "ADD" something to my life...something like making a deliberate effort to set time aside for God and God ALONE.
It clicked. I knew what I was/am going to do this year for lent.
This year, I am giving up on ME and adding more of HIM
One of the practical ways that this will look like-is getting up an extra hour earlier. Now, this doesn't seem like much-but I am a 'night owl' (though some R squad teammates may beg to differ ;) ) and so getting up earlier, means also disciplining myself to go to bed sooner. It also means, that when my alarm goes off bright and early-it means NOT hitting the snooze for 15 minutes and actually getting up.
I have not quite yet figured out how the exact hour will look-although I am pretty sure the Holy Spirit will have that under control...
- Spend at least half that time each day-in the WORD-starting with the Psalms and Isaiah in the OT and perhaps James in the NT
- Spend time in prayer-specifically I am asking God to search my heart. To search my soul during this time. To prepare me right here, right now as I continue to live my life where it is, with the people I come into daily contact with
- I will be praying for my family-for healed relationships and open minds and hearts
- I will be praying for the youth ministry I am involved in-for the lives I see there each and every week---a ministry close to my heart
- I will be praying that God prepares me mentally, emotionally and especially spiritually for the Kingdom journey that lies ahead starting in July
- I will taking time to specifically pray over R squad and my teammates (SO listen up ou(R) squad..if you got some prayer requests- you know how to get a hold of me so I can be praying for you!)
- I will be praying for the countries, for the people that we God will bring across our paths as we "race' around the world
- and more
Thanks for being a blessing
No comments:
Post a Comment