Sad thing is though, is that I know what I need/should do. Its really quite simple...yet because of the 'noise' in my brain and the distractions around me (ie this computer, cell, the tv just to name a few), I simply
Like I said, these is this thirst, this longing inside of me for something more-something greater. Yes I KNOW the Truth and I know where I stand in regards to my faith. I know God loves me with an unending love (Jeremiah 31:3). I know that, through Him all things are possible and that He works the good in all things for those that believe (Romans 8:28)....
so why is it so hard then for me to sit down, relax and READ HIS Word?
They say that the best way to get to know someone is by spending time with the person...and getting to know God, well the same thing must happen as well. God knows US inside and out--scripture makes that clear-but do we really know Him? At this point, I am NOT looking for a 'spiritual debate' or some major discussion on theology of life or anything of that matter. I want to just be able to believe and spend time with my Creator. I want to be able to willingly to go the bible and approach it with a JOY, with an awe of wanting/craving to know God. I want to become 'like a child' and have yet again, a 'child like' faith.
I want a simple faith.
A faith where I know God loves me no matter what.
I want a faith like my grandma's...who doesn't have a BA in Biblical studies. Who didn't analyze scripture inside and out..looking at the Greek, Hebrew and Arabic meaning of a word. A faith where when it says,
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
and
“I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
(Jeremiah 31:3)
(Jeremiah 31:3)
If
you seek me with all your heart, you will find me.
Deuteronomy 4:29
Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight
in me and I will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
Psalm 37:4
A simple faith. That is what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment