Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bittersweet

I know I do have my other WR blog which I am constantly updating..but sometimes its good to come back to where it "all began' and just blog here.  I do not know who, or how many, people still read this...and yes I do like my other blog too-but sometimes...to just blog and NOT have a lot of people (if any) read it..helps. So this is what that is...its a bittersweet blog.

Training Camp dates got released today for July 2013 World Race.  They are happening May 18-25.  RIGHT AWAY our Facebook group wall shot up with posts, about people car pooling etc etc.  All GREAT things and I really AM super excited for it and to meet these awesome people that God has placed right now in my life and to then travel and serve with them, through GOD in missions...yet honestly...I am not counting down days yet. Surprise coming from me...it really is.

I was reminded as to 'why' tonight at youth.  Seriously, LOVE youth ministry.  As high as the 'walls' are in some young people's lives...once  you slowly begin to get over the 'walls' its pure Gold on the other side.  When they start opening up, letting you in bit by bit..its not something I take forganted at all.  It is not a right that I have.  It is a privilege and honour that THEY choose to give to me and when they do (and just people in general), what a blessing it is.

I was also reminded tonight through our youth pastor speaking on prayer (SUCH a good series that he is doing) about, not only the importance of praying for others...but the importance of praying for SELF as well.  It made me ask myself...Do I pray for myself?  I am not talking the "God, give me this and this and that.." sort of prayers...but perhaps prayers that King David prayed.  Or King Solomon...the wisest man ever.  God said he could have anything he wanted..he asked for wisdom.  some may say that that was foolish..I would say its smart.

But, back to the inital questions..here are some others that we used/asked the youth to share their thoughts on..

2. Do you pray for yourself? What is the hardest part about praying for yourself?
Do you think it is important to pray for yourself? Why?

3. Do you pray for others? What is the hardest part about praying for others?
Why?

4. It can be tough to let people in, do you allow people to help carry your
burdens, or do you do things alone? Are you able to help others carry theirs?


Tough questions they are thats for sure...but they are also important to ask and then think about.    All I know, is that God has been showing me lately, the importance of living for Him, hearing His voice (even when we dont think He is talking to us, or feels near us)...because HE is near. He is right beside you actually. 

He is reaching down and holding you. Do you feel it?  I do.

Soak it in. Embrace Him.  Trust HIM to guide your steps.

Its been a bitter sweet day of crazy emotions..

but praise God, each day is new.  New mercies and grace-each day.  He's got this guys....

He's got you!!

No comments: