The leaves have turned colour and many of them have already
fallen to the ground. The wind has
changed. Instead of a warm summer
breeze, the air has become cold and dry.
Above, you hear the familiar ‘honking’ of geese, flying by in their
perfectly formed “V”, to destinations unknown to us. To destinations of warmth, and sun that they
will call home for the next few months. Robins are back, also on their way back
south.
Classes are in full swing here at Providence. Assignments, practicums and even mid terms,
are filling up the days. Shorts and
sandals have been replaced with jeans and shoes. (Although my toes, are still finding
themselves in sandals). Baseball caps
have been replaced with scarfs and toques in order to prevent the cold air from
reaching our skin.
Flags of 4 of the countries I visited this past year, hang
on my apartment wall. Photos and African
paintings, remind me of those special moments. Moment in which I truly HEARD
God speak to me. Moments of laughter, sorrows and pains. Moments of bouncing kids on your knee till
you felt as though your knee would give way.
Voices of young ones, talking in their Indian language that you couldn’t
even understand even IF you spoke their language. Yet there is no need. The JOY in their precious faces and the
smiles on their lips, say more than words ever could.
Today, right now, I am missing those kids with my entire
heart. I am yearning to be back in Grace
Home, overlooking the streets of Ongole with Wendy* as I prayed silently in my
heart that God would heal her CP. To
hear the joy in Nora’s voice, as she joked with me and put a smile on MY
face. To hold little ZINNIA in my arms,
as she continued to wake up from her nap while Honor told me about her day at school. Knowing that I would get Jackie’s ‘sass’ every
time I would walk into the room…always brought an extra smile to my face and a
warmth to my heart…she would fit in SO very perfectly with my family!!
These are just some of the names of the kids God used to
change my life last year.
Truthfully, I fell in love with a place and with a people,
that I never dreamed I would.
India, Oh India.
To some on my World Race squad, “India” is equivalent to a
swear word. Yet for myself and roughly
12 other ladies that month, “India” became a word with many mixed emotions and
feelings.
Yes, it was a hard month. A VERY hard month on many
different levels. However, it was a
month (for me), which brought me to my knees every day. God became ‘real’ to me and began to reveal
past hurts within me which He would (and did) continue to heal for the rest of
the race. He truly opened my eyes, to
the community of people around me. From
the foster mom’s we met and worked with every day and their tireless commitment
to the kids, to team-mates and squad mates. To say ‘God blessed’ me, would
hardly be equivalent in describing the emotions.
October 10, 2013 I wrote these words after a day when I
realized how ‘fierce’ the battle we fight daily, truly is. In some form, it’s a statement, in another
way, a prayer. It is my prayer I prayed
daily for Wendy, and one I will continue to pray as long as I am breathing.
“The battle is
fierce. Yet because of Jesus and the
working Holy Spirit power within us, we WILL have victory. WE will have freedom. When we speak, the earth shakes. When we ask for healing, healing does happen.”
Amen.
If you want to know more about Sarah’s Covenant Home, PLEASE
let me know and I would LOVE to hang out and chat with you!!!
OR check out http://schindia.com/children/
to see the faces of the children I grew to know and love!!
*Names changed to protect kids*
No comments:
Post a Comment