“You have searched me Lord and you KNOW me” (Psalm 139:1)
Those are the words on the familiar page that my fingers
flipped to.
I will be really honest…reading the bible faithfully every
day, has always been a struggle for me and it continues to be, to this very
moment.
I KNOW that;
a)
In order to know
God more…reading His word is crucial
b)
In order to continually grow IN Him…reading His word is crucial
c)
In order to know His will for me….reading His word
is crucial
d)
In order to be the best youth leader God is
calling me to be….reading His word is crucial
e)
I simply need to read HIS Truths in order to
truly rest in Him
f)
I simply
need to be in His presence
I know all of this…
So
why has my bible been collecting dust?
Why
is today, the first day in a long time, I’ve picked it up?
Why has it become a ‘last resort’ when it
should be my FIRST resort?
Why do I
struggle reading HIS Word that I DO truly believe is ALIVE and ACTIVE?
This past weekend, was our annual Sr. Youth Retreat. So often, my prayer going into a weekend like
this, is that God will blow the minds of the youth (which He does), and that
they will KNOW HIM more (which they do).
Yet for me, this past weekend convicted me more, in the
knowledge and understanding of just WHO God is to me. I didn’t pray a pray for that, but God knew I
needed. I was able to truly worship
freely in a LONG TIME in a way that I have not been able to since a Passion
concert I went to with my squad while in the Philippines in March. As soon as
we would enter the chapel area for sessions this past weekend, my body began to
shake in excitement and joy of the worship to come. I couldn’t stand still. The freedom within that-amazing. Purely
amazing.
“You have searched me Lord and you KNOW me”
Yes. Yes. YES
YES LORD!
God IS ALIVE. His
word IS ACTIVE.
The battle your facing, may seem like it’s been lost some days, but in reality-the victory has long since been won. JESUS. JESUS won it for us so we didn’t have too.
The battle your facing, may seem like it’s been lost some days, but in reality-the victory has long since been won. JESUS. JESUS won it for us so we didn’t have too.
THAT IS LOVE.
That
is GOD’s LOVE for you and I
No comments:
Post a Comment