Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
One thing I like about getting up early in the morning and biking to work for 7 AM is the actually bike ride itself. Those first few minutes of the day. Outside, alone, just God and I. I Cherish it. Every Morning on my way to work, I listen to my Ipod. Today was no different. However what was different was that it had just finished raining early that morning, so it was cool out, slight wind, wet roads, and the occasional stray drop that landed on my head. How does all this tie in? Well the song Grace like Rain, by todd agnew, came to play on my ipod. What an amazing reminder, the start of a fresh new day, the ground wet from the rain, the sun coming up, poking between the clouds, its light reflecting on the wet earth. I would have loved to have just kept on biking and enjoying it instead of going to work. Just the reminder that no matter the sin, it has been washed away, been made clean just like the earth after a rain fall. I love the sound of when its raining outside, perhaps that is why it works so well in the song, amazing Grace How sweet the sound? That saved a wretch like me. Grace like rain falls down on me, Hallelujah all my sins are washed aways, their washed away. I Love those little when God Speaks, either through a song or a rainfall, or both. Those little moments that God uses to remind you that he is there, waiting for you, watching out for you, loving you. How can you not lift your hands in praise and Glory to him? Glory to God
Labels:
Amazing Grace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment