Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Content

Learning to be content...why is that always so hard?
I love SBC and am so very happy that I chose to do another year there cause it has been awesome and totally rewarding and all that good stuff, but at the same time...I ache for something new...something exciting and adventerous! Which is wierd considering how interverted I am, yet how I love new experiences once I am on them...but thats a whole nother issue for another time.
I guess some of it has to do with knowing different places that friends are going/have been.
Heres the thing though...I know next summer (like summer 09) I will be doing something international...I have to for my practicum at school so its not like I know I wont be traveling soon, cause I wil be...its just the waiting and figuring the stuff out that sucks and is hard.
There are so many options out there as far as service goes-both locally and internationally...I did some lookng the other day and yah its overwhelming. A professor of mine gave me this advice when looking...he said to "first look at the ministry itself...then look at geographical location of it" WIth this in mind, I was searching....its kind of funny, well ironic that the places that came up were either latin america, africa (uganda/s. Africa etc) China and India..all places that when I look at them, honestly scare me. Like I LOVE to travel as you most know...but could I do something like that alone? (well not alone, but you know what I mean) I guess this is when we turn to prayer hardcore...and continue in believing in a Faith, in a GOD who is very alive, present and moving throughout the WOrld today...and in the mean time, learning and remembering how to be content with where we are right here and now...

No comments: