Monday, December 08, 2008

scary moment

Coming back to school this past saturday, we had a scary moment and I am so glad That God reminded me that he protects us!
So we were driving down that high way before the 59, we turned at morris.  SO yah we driving and then apparently the person who I was driving with, thought this on coming car was coming at us (which it might have been) but I dont think it was...anyways so theyis starting to slow down and heading to the shoulder-meanwhile we had just talked about another friend flipping her brothers truck on that same highway in october, so inside I am GOING "oh shit we are going to flip!" then we ended up doing basically a 290 on the road and ending up on the other lane on the other shoulder...if that makes sense....thankfully there was no one coming traffic (other then the intial truck..) and the closest car behind us was quite far behind us.  But yah so the car spun, dust etc and we stopped just like that and the car shut off...it was freaky....but then car started and we continued...I was so paranoid inside each time we passed a vehicale after that...but yah...got back to dorm and then it hit me.  We ran into a friend back at school wlaking in to dorm and I gave her a BIG hug... just glad to be back for more then one reason....
but yah, definately had angels around last night....God was good and I said an extra thanks last night...we think it was God's way of reminding us to trust him...
so yah thats my story...
i am alive, I am fine, the shakes have worn offf and that gals here are great and I love being back surronded by them
THis little experience reminded me to trust GOd and the potential of how bad that accident could have been.  Like really, it felt like we were going to flip and die...and I realized that I am not yet ready to die-at least not that way.  LIke I know where I am going, but it gave me a greater appreciation for life and friends and family and the holiday season.  My friend and I were talking as we continued on and after saying "thanks God" we both thought that maybe it was His way of giving us a nudge to remind us that He is there, watching out for us (though we both agreed he could have done that a different way!)  But yah it made me think, made me glad to be alive.  I got back to dorm and realized how shaken I was and even now, getting back into a car has been a little difficult...like I trust the people I am driving with, however I am realizing I am tending to grab the seat/door side thing a bit harder now-which is not cool because usually driving does not scare me but now there is always this fear.  Prayer for that would be great.  It still might be the shakes, or still to fresh in my mind but i dont like it cause driving has never scared me before.
I know this Christmas, I will hold my loved ones a little closer....
stay safe
--
Nikki Friesen

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm so glad you're OK!!! Wow! Praise the Lord, indeed!