Friday, January 02, 2009

Been Thinking...and reading...

Reading GOD ON MUTE has been quite the interesting read...interesting, helpful and insightful as well...its making me think thats for sure and I am seeing/able to relate, a lot of what I read to what I am feeling these days and some of the authors points he is making, are clearer then clear.
In the book, from chapters 7-10, Pete Greig-the author-gives answers/thoughts to why he thinks it seems as though God is sometimes silent. They range from everything from common sense-saying some are just flat out stupid, to them being contradiction, the laws of nature, "life is tough", Doctrine, God wants something even bigger and better for us then what we pray for, motive (this was like a double wammy to me-because motive is huge for me-like especially for my practicum-I am realizing some things are not working out like I had hoped, because my motives were waaaaaaaaay off), relationship, Free will (also interesting), Influence,Faith, Santanic Opposition, Justice and Sin. Each point he makes, he further develops. I recommend this read for sure.
He also makes these few points giving a few suggestions to standing in Faith:
Keys to Faith:
Prayer and Worship
Fellowship
Fasting
Start Small
Impulsiveness
Adventure (I like this one)
Bible study
Pilgramage
Journaling (Really like this one...)
Listening to God
There too-he expanded on them (for full readin...pick up the book and read it-really good)

But yah it got me thinking-just about different areas in my life, everything from school, to home, to future, to right here and right now. I maybe in a spiritual valley now, and it might suck, but God isnt done with me yet, He will Never leave me, He will carry me through whatever I come across, and together we will come out stronger because of it.
Here is a verse/write up from the book which hit home as well-and making it a reminder and a prayer for myself-perhaps you can as well...

HElp me to STAND
Lord,
help me to stand today
Temptations and trials abound.
When Life hurts,
I get confused, dishonest, suspicious, and critical
I PUT ON THE BELT OF TRUTH
When life hurts,
my relationships suffer-especially my relationship with you.
I PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
When life hurts
I either get really lazy or I make myself really busy
I PUT ON THE SHOES OF THE GOSPEL
When Life hurts
I let down my guard and leave myself exposed
I TAKE UP THE SHEILD OF FAITH
When life hurts,
my thinking gets negative and I question everything
I PUT ON THE HELMET OF SALVATION
When Life hurts,
I am a coward.
I TAKE HOLD OF THE SWORD OF THE WORD.

LORD it doesnt feel very finished down here.
I dont feel very finished
see me kneeling
HELP ME STAND

No comments: