Monday, May 25, 2009

Camp Update

Camp has been amazing these last few weeks...sorry I have not updated this sooner but have not wanted to spend a whole lot of time updating this...but do not worry, I will when I am out in the Ukraine for sure (2 weeks to the day till take off!!)
How to sum up the last 3 weeks?? First off, I have one more week to go as June 2 will be my last day at camp. But how to sum it up. Basically here was my thinking...."go into camp, serve my 4 weeks and not get attachtced and leave once the month of may is over" Well, here we are 3 weeks later and so much has happend. Now, Camp has become more then just camp-there are people there who have become like family. The connections, the memories, the struggles and everything in between, will be engraved in my heart forever. Going in, a purpose for going was to fill time between school and the Ukraine, since it was hard to find a job for that amount of time (I acutally handed out 7 applications in town and never heard back from any) so deciede that if nothing job wise came up, off to camp I would go, and so that is what I did, not knowing what God would teach me but I felt liek I should be there.

Being outside, working with the kids, sharing GOd's love not through scripture (in this case) but by playing games with the groups that come, by laughing and telling jokes or allowing kids to laugh at you when you purposely do something silly, has all been a real blessing. The relationships in dorm..I pray they will be life long and I think they will be, was alll a real encouragement and blessing as well
I can honestly say I am "bummed" to leave camp in just over a week and leaving camp was NOT suppose to be this hard..but it is and I am thankful and would not trade it for anything....

As to the Ukraine goes, 2 weeks from now I will be in toronto waiting for my next flight over to Frankfurt Germany then on to Kiev Ukraine..I will be arriving in the Ukraine aroudn 3:00 their time (so subtract 8 hours for time here) Mixed feelings I have, excited, scared nervous, etc but trusting GOd through it all

Continue to pray for me: pray for this last week of camp tha tI have, that it will just be a huge blessing and encourgement
Pray for me as I count down days and prepare for take off
Pray for my family who will stay behind (namely my mom) that God will just calm their hearts while I am gone
Pray for Health and saftey while I am out there and travel to and from
Pray that my heart will be opened and my eyes focused on God
Pray that I will be a light out there
Pray for my own Spiritual life and relationship with God

Thanks so much for your support
I have take Zephaniah 3:17 and sort of made it my "own" for this trip.
It reads..
"The LORD your God is with you,he is mighty to save.He will take great delight in you,he will quiet you with his love,he will rejoice over you with singing."

It just serves as an encouragement for me and I hope it does for you as well!

1 comment:

Niki said...

I am excited for your experience at camp and for your work that's still coming in the Ukraine. You are adding to your experiences and growth hard-core these days! I bet it's wonderful!