Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Break My Heart

So I am currently attempting to work on a Hebrews research paper on Perseverance...when one of my favorite songs came to play on my Itunes....Hosanna.  This version was done by Hillsong.  It is a song that I made my "theme song" or one of them, for my trip this past summer.  There is this one segmant of lines in it, or i guess one verse, that has always stuck out to me.  It is something that makes me think a whole lot, it is somethign I have used as a prayer before.  It is a statement I want for my life while I strive to live for God...check out the lyrics..and note the part in Bold especially.
 
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to
the things unseen
Show me how to love like
you have loved me


Break my heart from
what breaks yours

Everything I am for
your kingdom's cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity
Last year in dorm, I had a little sticky note beside my bed just as a reminder, thinking nothing of it.  Then this year, my roomate informed me that she based a short devo this summer off of it, as it got her thinkign as well.  She also mentioned that it got her younger brother thinking about it as well and noted that it was an interesting request/prayer, because how often do we actually pray for our heart to be broken?  it seems wierd and un natural...this thought as well made me stop and think.  Though i am not sure where I am taking the rest of this post, it is  a thought that just jumped into my head (or perhaps I needed a break from Hebrews!) but whatever the case, its a thought.  Just another though, another day from troubled-heart...
peace out and enjoy!

~A Prayer: Give me work to do; give me health; give me joy in simple things.  Give me an eye for beauty, a tongue for truth, a heart that loves, a mind that reasons, a sympathy that understands~

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hmm...food for thought for me too. Thanks for posting it. Either I've never heard that song before, or those words have never stood out to me before.