Monday, November 23, 2009

Sweetly Broken

This past weekend, we had impact here at school and as per usual, it was pretty crazy.  Our music group sang a song a few times this weekend that I discovered I really took a liking too.  it is called "Sweetly Broken" by Jeremy Riddle.  I know I have heard it before around on the radio and all but since we sang it the first time ehre, I can not get it out of my head.  There are a few key lines in the verse/chorus that I guess have been sticking out....perhaps its sometihgn I have been struggling with internally.  Do you ever Get thsoe days when music is just that, music?  and it is nothing more?  I guess technically it is just music, but i am one who music can totally affect my mood...
but check out these lyrics and note that parts that I bolded and all...think about them and reflect on them


"To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed

Showed that God is love
And God is just
Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life

Have I been given

Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death

You’ve called me into life

And I was under Your wrath

Now through the cross I’m reconciled
Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess

How wondrous Your redeeming love and

How great is Your faithfulness



*But yah its just something on my mind lately.  Here is also something else...do u ever feel distant from God?  come on I know you do...we all do...

"Well, last while it has been that is for sure. God, why is it so hard to balance time? To balance friends? Why are girls such idiots sometimes? Why do I feel tired? Why are girls the way they are? Why can’t we just be friends with everyone and just all get along? Why do/did some of our home lives suck? Why can I not FEEL you???? Are you there? Are you near? Speak to me God, I wanna hear your voice, I want to feel your presence".  Just a few thoughts....

2 comments:

Niki said...

Hey, I'm back! Good to catch up with you a bit and hear your thoughts here on your blog!

Nikki said...

Good to have you back!!!! Looking forward to more posts!