Sunday, October 03, 2010

Lessons from a Moth

Ever have a "God moment"? well i have and I want to share the latest one I had, where God taught me a lesson, rather reminded me of something through a very small creature, a moth...

Through fall, I learning to see Him all around me.  In people, in nature, in song.  I was playing with my dog yesterday outside and at one point i was lying on the grass and i noticed a little moth near me...struggling to fly, so two thoughts crossed my mind 1. I could kill it, put it out of its misery or 2. pick it up, hav eit in my hands then put it on a tree in hopes it would be ok.  I picked number two.  But at first I had this sense of "awe' as I held it in my hands.  sounds weird perhaps but it was like I could hear God whispering to me, "look at how I created this moth you are holding! see how delicate it is, see the power you hold in your hands? notice the care I took in creating it? how Much I love that moth you hold?  Wanna know something more amazing!?  I love YOU more than that moth, I created YOU in my image and no one else's.  You are uniquly MINE.  I AM the great I AM, always have, always will.  I love you"

I asked mom to grab the camera while I was holding it in my hands (similar to this picture) thinking that it was not about to fly anywhere cause it was hurt, but as soon as mom got close and tried to get one to two pics...it flew off my hand, and finally, found strength and was able to fly away.  It was like God also said, "no, this is someting I want to remind you of, you cannot capture it on camera...I am above that.  Sit back and just enjoy me"  What happend to the moth, I have no idea.  but it served a great purpose yesterday, to remind me just how much God loves me and treasures me.  Even more so then the birds of the air, fish of the sea or bugs on the ground....Dont we serve an awesome, mighty, yet humble and gentle God?!?

1 comment:

Niki said...

very cool...