What a wonderful time of the year! Was driving home today and heard an interesting song on the radio...well heard it before but the station that played it was interesting. I heard "I can only Imagine" on a secular station and it just hit me...what an amazing witness even if they dont know it! Then I heard the song "Do u hear what I hear" on that same station as well and again, itjust hit me. Yes Christmas has become VERY materialistic (with gifts and music and all) but at the same time...those songs, that music that is played on the radios now, the christmas music is perhaps hitting people who wouldnt/or cant hear about the true meanign behind Christmas. Ok so it MIGHT be far reaching, like teh idea of it...but really. I mean as a Christian, hearing those songs where I did, made me stop and think about the holidays and why we have them and the true power, the ulitmate gift that we received from God our Heavenly Father. Imagine a Lamb going to his shephard and asking "do you see what I see?" and from there, ending up with the king telling people everywhere
"Listen to what I say
Pray for peace people everywhere
Listen to what I say
The child, the child
Sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light"
If people, Christians and non Christians alike, would actually stop and listen to the song, to the lyrics and words...made Christmas would become LESS materialistic (especially here in N. America) and more focused on what its really about...a baby, born in a manger, O' Holy Night...
No comments:
Post a Comment