A year a go tomorrow (well technically the 21st) will have been a year since I got got baptized. What a crazy year its been! (Spiritually). But wow-what an amazing God we serve!
I recently shared my testimony with a small group bible study and while writing it-3500 words later-I realized that my faith always has been a part of me. Depsite ignoring it in high school/growing up, God never does let go and it is in fact, that foundation of my parents faith-that was the starting point for where it is today. Yes, certain people in my life (those both who are presently still in it and who have also come and gone) have for sure played an impact into it...but if it were not for that 'still small voice' of God...I wonder where I would be? I was raeding through Kings the other day and came across the story of Elijah on Mount Caramel with the prophets of baal. What a wonder powerful display that God gave...sending fire from Heaven-consuming not only the sacrifice and alter-but everything (this is of course after Elijah mocks the prohpets of baal-who are running around screaming, cursing and cutting themselves-fools I know!). Yet it is not this story that surprises me...
it is a few chapters (one or two) later that we read about Elijah fleeing from those after him. HIDING from God in a cave-in fear. is this NOT the same Elijah-who days earlier-witnessed this from YAHWEH? Like really Elijah-what the heck?!?! He sees this display and then shortly later-runs? Faith man! where is it?
Where is it? this is a question I find myself asking myself a lot. today, we have these stories and accounts of God working wonders in the Old and new testament alike. We know about the cross, abotu how-through Christ dying for us-we are saved. Yet we still flee in terror. Despite the junk on the news, there are good stories around. Stories of God's healing and protection (I think of the missionary couple a year or two back who where beaten, raped (wife) and left for dead in africa-yet upon healing-they went back and FORGAVE their attackers). Stories of survival when odds say they should be dead (4 friends of mine in a car accident last thanksgiving where RCMP were expecting 4 dead bodies-not 4 ALIVE bodies-with 2 of them walking away from it with no more than scratches and a few bruises. Examples of young leaders in their high school taking that step of faith in Christ. Being a leader to those around them and wanting a weekly bible study to learn and grow closer to Christ. OH YES. God is very much alive today-just like He was all those years a go and how HE will be with all the years to come!
Thank you God for this life. Thank yo for loving me so much-even tho i do not deserve it. Thank you for Your grace in our lives...in my life. Thank you for being MY GOD!"
No comments:
Post a Comment