This year, I am going to attempt reading through the entire Bible. My plan is a few chapters a day so I have no idea how long it will take or what but its something I have decided I want to do. Time and time again, in scripture, messages, lyrics to songs and through conversations and classes- I am reminded of the importance of being IN the Word. Of reading it daily and soaking it in. After all; the way we get to know people, is to spend time with them-hanging out and connecting with them. Although we physically can go for coffee with friends here on Earth...and we cannot with God (in the sense of actually 'seeing' Him), we can still connect with God in a variety of ways.
But back up a second-Coffee with God-how awesome would that be!!!! I have never really thought about 'having coffee with God' but I imagine the sort of conversation that I would have like Him, would be like this;
God (G)- Hello my daughter-long time no talk. I have been trying to get a hold of you but it seems that your life-good and/or bad-are to busy for me. I have been waiting for you to call on me. Why have you not?
Nikki (N)- it had been a while hasnt it. Life happens and, like you said, its busy but I still know that that is no excuse
G-You are right, its not but we are here now so lets spend time together. How are you? (Remember I know even what you dont say)
N- Wow, ok no pressure there! Honestly God, there is so much in this world I do not get- but I dont want to waste your time boring you with my 'little' issues when there is a much greater need for you out there.
G-My child-were you not listening or watching when I sent MY Son to die for YOU on the cross? To carry YOUR sins as well as the worlds? Did I not say, call to me and I will hear and answer your prayers? Did I also not say, "Do not worry about tomorrow? for Tomorrow will worry about itself?"
N- (in a very sheepish voice)- Ok God, I get the point...
G- I am not sure you do. I DIED for you. To be WITH you. yet you toss me aside, go about your day and forget to spend time with Me.
N-I am sorry...but God, I am only human...after all I am not You
G-...and for good reason! Relax, stop trying to do everything on your own. You know the old song "Lean on me?" Well where do you think the artist got it from? You have to lean on ME for you support.
N-I guess I still need daily reminders
G-Yes, yes you do...and speaking of which-you know that voice in the back of your head? what you humans call a 'conscious?' Well-you should listen to it more. It is really Me speaking to you.
N-yes, I definatly realized that when I wiped out on my bike-betcha just loved that :). Note to self, next time I will listen! but speaking of listening-how DO you listen to millions of people's prayers at any given moment? Doesnt it get tiring?
G-yah that was kind of funny when you did wipe out-it gave me a good laugh-so thanks for that. but no, hearing my kids call on My name does not get tiring at all-in fact is, I love it.
And the conversation could go on and on! But wouldnt that be neat? to have a cup of coffee with God?
what would your conversation look like?


No comments:
Post a Comment