Friday, March 02, 2012

Camera

Once again, God blew my mind this week (in a total and complete good way) and to do it, He used my camera yet again.  I know from traveling international-how GOOD of a connection tool it is.  Seriously-pictures are universal and need no language.  I pull my camera out and kids literally swarm to it beggin  for their picture to be taken and then hurry to see it on the display (this is often followed by huge laughter and smiles! Warms my heart each and every time!!)

Anyways, this experience with my camera-didnt happen overseas-in fact, it was in my own church...literally right out my back door on the strreets as we were taking pictures.  Wednesday night at youth, we had our annual "Bridging the Gap" crokinale tournament with the 55+ in our church.  As the evening was winding down etc, I pulled out my camera and started snapping some pics (pretty normal).  Anyways I was chatting with a few youth, when a few other girls came up and started inquiring about my camera (what kind, how much etc?) so I said "here, take it and snap some pics" .  Well needless to say-they were floored! They loved it! (and I got some pretty awesome pictures from them as well!)

then last night-I met another youth for coffee and that actually turned into coffee and a walk and random pictures at night (not to mention there was a BEAUTIFUL snow fall).  This youth, just mentioned how much the other ones the night earlier loved playing/having my camera.  That statement right there, warmed my heart again too!  That is a main reason why I love my camera, and why I have it.  Too allow God to use it when connecting into the lives of those around me (whether thats at youth, or in the Philippines, or the African slums).  Its amazing how something so small and insignificant-my camera-can be and how GOD can and does, use it! I love it!






so here are a few pics from last night! enjoy! I know we did!

No comments: