Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Ramblings

So a few things on my mind this chilly Sunday afternoon:
On one of our local (winnipeg) music station, they were talking about things you have done with your best friend and so anyways this young, 5 year old girl called in and was talking about this best friend she has had since she was 2.  Anyways that was all fine and all..but then she requested a song.  I know the song, its been on the air ways for quite sometime, and there is even an M and M commercial with it (which is, sort of funny I must admit), but the song is "sexy and I know it" by LMFAO.  I admit, like most of their song, the beat IS catchy...but do people actually stop and read the lyrics?  well, if not-here are a few pulled from the song:

"When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pimp to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah
This is how I roll, animal print, pants outta control,
It's Red-Fu with the big ass fro
And like Bruce Leroy I got the glow"

When I'm at the mall, security just can't fight them off
And when I'm at the beach, I'm in a Speedo trying to tan my cheeks (what)
This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go
We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get serviced (watch)


Ah... Girl look at that body [x3]
Ah... I work out
Ah... Girl look at that body [x3]
I work out

When I walk in the spot (yeah), this is what I see (ok)
Everybody stops and they staring at me
I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it

I'm sexy and I know it [x2]

I'm sexy and I know it...
Check it out [x2]
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah [x3]
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah, yeah
Do the wiggle man
I do the wiggle man
Yeah
I'm sexy and I know it"


SO my question is..what is a 5 YEAR OLD doing requesting that song? The only song they should be asking for, is disney (although those can be dirty too..what is society coming to!!?)


Now, as a youth leader and just being 24 years old-non of this should surprise me (the lyrics, the 5 year old requesting it etc etc).  I am not dumb nor nieve. I know the struggles young people faced (having faced some myself too), I could share stories I have heard over and over (most from young females, and experiences that other friends have gone through.


Again, what is this society coming to?!?!


A week a go, mom and I were in the city for a 'girls weekend' (which was a blast).  anyways we were in a local Aeropostal store and as I looked around-my hear sank...it broke into a zillion pieces.  Posters, 'models', size 2-4 clothing all over the place.  Heck-the only way people can fit into those clothes is if they ARE anorexic (please note a hint of sarcasm in that statement...but really- how bad/pathetic is that?)  As I was waiting in line to pay for something (yes from that store as I did manage to find a shirt that did fit...amazing i know!) there was a mom and her teenage daughter in front of me.  No, I was not creeping on them, but I did over hear their conversation.  based on what I did hear (and ssee) it was quite clear to hear self confidence issues coming from this girl...and this girl came from a split/divorced home (based on a few, "not need" comments coming from the mother).  keep in mind, this was all said while waiting in a line.  Ok now my heart was officially broken....

That day, also happend to break records (temperature wise) and so, people were out with "next to nothing on" (aka really really short shorts, and a few (ok a lot) sizes too small of tanks).  This could be a long summer...

SO with all of this, I ask you- how, as a female, youth leader and, most importantly-along with being HIS daughter, the daughter of THE KING, how does an ambassador for YAHWEH manage in a society where the world is telling us EVERYTHING BUT the TRUTH?

How do I tell my girls, that GOD loves them so very much.  NO matter how they look, or what size they are?  how do I raise their confidence in themselves so that they are able to figure out what are satan lies and what are God's Truth's.  how do I encourage them to fully and completely embrace the love God lavishes upon us..freely?!?


How do I, fight the lies that satan puts in my head.  The answer is clear in Ephesians 6
he Armor of God
" 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

The answer is clear, but believing it, seeking the Truth admists the lies and standing FIRM with GOD-is tough.   I am not looking for a `walk in the park`(if I was, I wouldnt have chosen to follow Christ).  Like I said earlier, I AM the daughter of the LORD, an ambassador for Truth and a warrior.  More importantly I was/ am Created in HIS image.  And, if you dont believe me-check out Genesis 1:27.  Enough said.

No comments: