Alright, so technically has not happened yet (at least this here-what we call Easter...) but all day at work...at any given time I could have just shouted for JOY. I LOVE basking in God's Love and glory! It is incredible and seriously, if you have not tried it..TRY IT you have NO idea what you are missing on! Seriously even as I write this...I have "filled with your Glory" on by Starfield and just how fitting are those lyrics. It brings tears to my eyes.
Like I said earlier, Easter is right around the corner (with Good Friday being tomorrow) and for some reason-Easter is hitting me different this year. A good different. I think I am somewhat finally slowly starting to understand God's love for me. I mean, I know He loves me. I always have. Yet now, it seems real, it seems personal. Almost as tho I can feel Him next to me daily, always right beside me. THrough the good and the bad.
I have always heard it said to "read read read your Bibles" Its a way to get to know God, to draw close to Him and have Him draw to you. After all, I mean scripture is God breathed. I believe that. I started alternating between Old and New testament at the start of the Year and wow wow wow. It is amazing. GOD is amazing.
Prayer. Pray Pray Pray. I feel as though that always has been a strong point in my personal walk with God. People sometimes do not understand praying to "someone who isnt there" but honestly that is one thing I dont think I ever have struggled with. It has been one of those things that I have 'just accepted' and believed. It (prayer) is what has pulled me through my life, and especially-my various travels. I remember calling home one time while I was in the ukraine and just telling mom, sharing stories and my excitement for where I was and what I was doing. I remember her mentioning to me that she was praying and that right there, hit me. It was (is) because of the prayers of those around me-that I have been able to do what I have done.
Enter last night youth...WOW! 2 hours of pure praise and worship, of testimonies and sharing stories (both humerous and light), while the youth took turns walking through "journey to the cross". This is sometihng my church puts on every few years and, as leaders, we walked through it the night before. Now I am honestly always a little 'leary' of things like that cause honestly-God never has "BAM" hit me (so to speak) while I have gone through things like that (both at church and at college) and honestly-He didnt when I walked through it this time either. BUT I realized while flicking through the slides for songs last night at youth-how God did "BAM' hit me through it. (bad grammar I know but I hope that that made sense!) While singing, while sharing and listening to those share-I was overwhelmed with His great love. I cannot explain it. I just can't but wow was it powerful.
HE died for ME. ME. He took my sins to the cross. Bore my weight and pain on HIS shoulders. HE didnt have to. He could have commanded angels to attend to Him and free Him. With a snap of His fingers, He could have been off that cross. He could have skipped it all and stayed in Heaven. But HE DIDNT. HE CHOSE TO COME DOWN, to live as a human and die as a human all for me. All for you. All for each one of us.
I am so unworthy of it. But becuase of what HE did on the Cross-I AM worthy of His love. I am HIS child. HIS Daughter. I AM THE DAUGHTER OF THE LORD MOST HIGH and NO one can/will ever take that from me.
happy easter! God Bless
GO Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment