I am at a cross road in life. It is once again time to "step out of the boat' and on to the water. A step of faith. I know I have gotten too comfortable here. Set routine, set working hours. Now these can be/are good things; however I DONT want to become docile and just accept life "as is". I believe I (we) are called to more of that.
Now just to clarify- I KNOW God is using me right here at home. I am in fact, 100% sure of that (and I got stories to prove it if you want to know). Honestly, I 100% LOVE the ministry I am apart of here locally. Just flick through previous posts and you will see how many relate back to youth and youth events and all. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again- they are the reason I am still around. They have blessed and encouraged and challenged me in so many ways during this last year and a half of getting to know them. I know that they too, have changed and shaped me. They are the main reason why it will be hard to leave town...even to do something I want to do/know I should do. Part of my thinking, is that I have no right to challenge/push them to get out of their 'bubbles' or 'comfort zone', when I, myself, can't do it.
This line of thinking (part of it) brings me to this cross road in life where I am now. Although I'd LOVE to stick around, I can not let myself become docile to the world and the needs around me. I truly and fully believe that God's plans for my life, involve me being outside of Canada. Time and time again in scripture- Christ talks about ministering to the poor, helping the sick and looking after the widows and orphans.
Having a love for missions and travel-this is something I constantly wrestle with. Do I "go" or do I "stay"? Let's be honest. God DOESNT need me (either here at home, or abroad) to do His work. HE CHOOSES me and wants me to help in bringing HIS glory to this dark and broken world. After all, we just finished Good Friday and am now on Easter sunday. HE took it ALL on the cross and then rose again on Easter so that THROUGH HIM, we may have life. Other than our sins, we had no part in that process.
However, I cannot ignore the call I am once again, starting to feel on my heart. The call to "GO". So, already I have taken the next step. I am looking at a few different options, not for right away, but within the next year. I will be returning to Zambia, Africa with my church in 212 days (yes I am already counting down! so excited!) but that will only be three weeks (but I will take what I get!) but beyond that- I am also praying and considering another option for 2013. Actually it has been somethign I have looked at in the past but at that point, I didnt have a peace about it. Now, I can feel a peace about it. Although I have 7 months before application deadline-I hope to get my application in by mid summer. There will be a few factors, including time off work for a week mid october but God's hands hold it. They are hands that I KNOW are FULLY capable of holding it. All I gotta do is trust Him with it.
If you think about it, pray for me. Pray for the ministry I am in now, and the ministry I hope to be apart of in the new year. Pray for peace and God's guidence.
Shalom
No comments:
Post a Comment