Saturday, April 28, 2012

How He Loves

"If Grace is an ocean, we are all sinking"

Those are words that have been ringing true lately as I look around in my own life and those around me.  This last week was crazy with different feelings and emotions.

This past monday was 20 years since my Grandma passed-emotional day for that reason alone---and yet another reminder not to take life for granted.

My aunt is slowly slowly gaining mobility back.  Its small, baby steps but we will take what we get for sure!

Youth; Wednesday night was another powerful night.  I had lunch with a friend of mine today and was just sharing (or trying to share) some of the emotions I felt this past Wednesday but I just couldnt. I had no words for it.  I think she summed it up the best when she said, "Nik, there are times when words escape us.  There are no words to describe God's amazing love for me and you".  What I felt on wednesday, words cannot describe.  As one youth put it "I wasnt expecting God to show up tonight...but He did...wow did He ever!"  I remember, at one point, looking over at 'my girls' and just being so incredibly proud of them-for taking the stand that they have-each in their own way-but in the same faith. 

God is awesome! I may not always-if ever-understand His ways-but He holds my hands, my heart.  Always

No comments: