Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rejoicing in Christ

Today was one of those Sunday mornings-where any doubt that I ever had of God NOT being alive or moving-ceased to exists!  It was a morning of amazing worship (beyound the 'musical' worship sense-but that too-was great!), fellowship, celebration and rejoicing.  It was a morning of hearing testimony to God's greatness-of answered prayer and strength when there seemed to be nothing left.  Angels rejoiced as stories were told of youth picking one another up, encouraging and blessing each other, of hearing a story of another sinner repenting and the endless praise and party that must have taken place in Heaven.

Our youth team got back yesterday (but they shared today) about how God worked/moved in their lives and in the lives of the people and kids they were ministering to this last week on their missions trip.  It is a trip that our church has been doing for almost 30 years to a native/metis community just past Winnipeg.  it is a trip, that I believe, truly began MY outlook-and later-passion- with missions.  I spent a week there, each summer throughout my high school years.  In those 4 years of going back for just one week a summer-taught me, blessed me, shaped me and molded  me, into a major part of who I am today-both as a person and who I am in Christ.  It was and remains, a major Faith step in my life and for that-I am SO incredibly thankful!

It was a morning for me, that re-affirmed my choice to live/work here in town for another year.  All week, I was looking forward to seeing the youth who went again, and hearing their stories.  I was not disappointed this morning!  It started right off the hop walking in to church sanctuary. Hugs, hugs and more hugs!!  Then, of course, there was that "attack of hugs' from a couple of the girls (thanks ladies! made my morning!)..  I am truly blessed!

What a great morning.  God you are SO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: