Saturday, August 25, 2012

Africa

I am torn.  Last night-I heard some news from about one of my 'kids' in Africa.  One of the girls who I met last time while I was out there, passed away this last tuesday.  Apparently she got Malaria, and although she was admitted to the hospital and treated-died within a span of 12 hours...

Upon getting that news-it really hit me and I am not quite sure what to do with it.  Since I met her last time I was there-I was super excited to head back with the team now in November and introduce her to them (she is/was one of the girls that our church is sponsoring through the home/dorm we are paying for-so an extra special connection...). 

She was one of the newer girls there when we went last year, and so she was a little quiet but we spent the day with her (and others) at a game park and started to see her Character and wow, what a character she was.  By the end of our time there, I had grown to love and cherish her just like the rest of the kids-so the loss is felt.  Yet still, I take comfort in knowing that this last year and a bit, of her life-she was loved so incredibly where she was.  A love she may not have felt/realized had she not been there.  I also take comfort in the fact that I know I will see her again.  Not on this side of Heaven, but the side where we will dance, sing, laugh and cry in a language we both will fully understand-a place where I hear there are streets of gold, where nothing but love exists. A place where we will sit before the Lord Almighty.

In the mean time, join me in praying for the kids, the workers, staff and people of SoH as they work through/go through this loss of one of their own..



That all said, this morning-I was also encouraged and the desire to return back to Zambia-was very present.  I am SO EXCITED to go back and although I will miss my 'old' team, I am excited to take this new group and share a huge piece of my heart with them (especially to show my brother!)  I am excited to see and hear how God will move in their lives.  I am excited to have my 'heart broken for what Breaks God's"

73 more days!

No comments: