I was asked today at work, by a fellow employee, if I was returning to school this fall. My answer: no. I thought at that point, they would drop it, but they further asked-'why not?' I said flat out, (and to keep it simple) "I dont want to" (cause I really dont want to head back to school at this point in my life). There are a lot of reasons for that, but right now I feel/know the main one is that God has me here, working (10 hr days lately..) and spending time in the town I grew up in. Honestly- I love it. I nevver thought I would hear those words/see those words come out of my lips and finger tips.
For me, 'school' is life. I have never liked the idea of "oh you graduated, now move to the city and go to university. Oh you dont know what you are going for? that doesnt matter-go blow $10, 000 because its "expected' of you" idea that a LOT of people have in this town. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO LIFE THAN SCHOOL!
For me: Travel is also my school. It has been through my travel that I am who i am today. Had I not traveled right out of high school-I really dont know where I would be now. I think/believe its safe to say that I would NOT have gone to SBC (thus missing out on an amazing adventure there with meeting new, awesome friends, having gone up north to Oxford house, spent 2.5 weeks in Philippines OR even, have experienced a HOT HOT HOT summer in the Ukraine). Had I not traveled right out of high school , chances are i would not have gone to Africa last year with a team in my church. yes, I would have a fuller, complete heart now- but personally, I like having my 'heart' spread 'across the globe".
All I have to do, is think/remember that I literally have brothers and sisters in Christ, all from different backgrounds, races, and stories, all around the world. Even from a world away, they lift me up. they encourage and bless me. To know I have a sister doing street ministry in the Philippines, warms my heart. Encourages me to know she is praying for ME and my ministry. Her whole church is...people that I spent no more than 48 hrs with here on Earth's time..but I am looking forward to spending eternity with them all in Heaven :)
Its amazing
So no, this fall I am NOT going to school in the 'traditional' sense. Rather I am going to be an extreme case and "be like Glitter ;) ) and shine for Christ right here. Right now. I am going to take His love back to Africa, to my 'kids' there and also, be blessed by God through THEIR love as well. Thats' school. There aint no text book, teacher or assignment that can teach that.
only 3 ish more weeks till youth and
only 75ish days till my African journey begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment