If someone were to analyze my brain they would find the statement, ‘God is GOOD’ running on repeat number one. God is Good! We know that. Those of us born in ‘Christian circles’ grow up hearing that all of our lives and, in many cases, we forget the Truth that that simple statement holds. We (myself included) forget the power in which that statement holds.
Perhaps that is why I
have been at loss for words lately in describing what God has been doing in my
life. Personally, for someone who spends
their days in ESL related classes and textbooks being taught by professors with
years of ESL teaching experience, all while coming up with lesson plans ranging
from grammar to vocabulary, I find this fact ironically amusing. One would think that my own English
knowledge, and vocabulary, would have increased. However, I am reminded that there truly are
no words in our English language that describes who God is. To me, being lost for words at how good God is, speaks to the character of who God is and His unexplainable love
for you and I. God made this especially
clear to me a few nights ago as I felt tears of joy stream down my face.
I attended a night of
praise and worship and testimony sharing from the Watoto African Children’s Choir.
This particular choir/group of kids was from Uganda, Africa yet their
stories were stories that I have heard all too often while in Africa. Specifically
in Zambia (in 2011/2012) and Swaziland in April 2014. Stories of abuse, neglect and
abandonment. Stories of parents dying,
whether in childbirth, malnutrition or because of the HIV running rampage through
their bodies. In the end, there is a generation
of children who are growing up parentless.
However, like those kids/youth in Zambia, this group from Uganda
reminded me of who our true Father is, regardless of if a person has parents
here on earth. They reminded me of our Father
who never leaves us nor forsakes us. A
Father who says that His “eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were
written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16) and who “works
for the good of all those who love Him” (Romans 8:28). A Father who is Good, Pure and Holy. Through listening to their songs, I was
reminded of my own identity in Christ and the power I hold, simply because I
believe in God and I have His Spirit within me.
In less than 35
days, my feet will be back on the soil at Grace Academy in Northern Zambia. The sheer thought of that alone, sends an
unexplainable joy through me. I cannot
wait to get back there and pour into the people of Zambia. I cannot wait to continue to live out James
1:27, “Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt
you” (NLT), in a very practical, ‘hands on’ sort of way.
When I was first ‘presented’
with this opportunity to return to Grace to teach, I knew God had something
greater in mind beyond the walls of teaching English in a classroom. This past week, I began to gain a greater
understanding as to the ‘why is He calling me back now?’ question. Although I cannot go into much more detail,
my heart has already been ‘broken’ and is once again, very heavy even before
stepping foot on the soil. So, I am
asking for your continual prayers as this situation involves a young teenage girl
in Zambia, who is VERY close to my heart.
Please join me in praying for a joint understanding and for healing to
happen. For a courage and a boldness to
say what needs to be said. That ultimately,
it will be God’s Truth that will flow from my lips and God’s love, from my
heart. Thank you so much and join me in
Praising God for the work He has already done, is still doing and will continue
to do!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Since my last blog, I
am beyond excited to say that I got my ‘birthday wish’ and I am FULLY FUNDED
for Africa!! WOW. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!! Thank you so much for all of
your support!!! Once again; GOD IS SO
GOOD!!!!**
No comments:
Post a Comment