Recently, I have been reminded of the delicacy of life and
yet, scripture is so clear on this.
James 4:14 states that, “How do you know what your life will
be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while,
then it's gone” (NLT)
“Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.
You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away” (James
4:14, NASB)
Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.
Psalm 39:5
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.
Tomorrow is not a guarantee.
These verses definitely put this into a different perspective and makes
me ask, “what am I doing with my
life?” Am I really making each and
every moment, each and every breath
that I take, count?!? I would like to
say, “yes of course I am” but truth be told, I wonder if I really am.
This past week and a half or so, I’ve been finding myself at
a point where I am begging God to simply take control, trusting that in Him,
all things WILL work out for the GOOD. I
know they will, they always do. God has
proved that to me time and time again, despite the fact that He doesn’t even
have to prove anything to me. But still,
He reminds me of this. That He is alive
and moving. His spirit is here and it’s
changing lives. All He is requiring of
me, is to love Him and to trust Him.
That’s it. There is no ‘magic’ formula or scale, simply trust and love.
Guess what, it is also one of the most freeing experiences
and emotions that I have ever felt. In
the center of the storm, there is peace. There is grace. There is redemption.
There is FREEDOM and there is love.
So yes, life itself is ‘fleeting’, here today and gone
tomorrow. But GOD is constant. God does not change. In the center of the storm, HE is there
waiting. Waiting for me (and you) to
call on Him. Arms opened wide, waiting
for His children to come back to Him.
*Bethel has a song that has been speaking a lot of TRUTH into my life lately and I wanted to share it with you HERE. I pray that it will help serve as a reminder of who God is*
No comments:
Post a Comment