I’ve heard it said before
that, “Following Jesus is ‘boring’”.
When I hear that
statement, my heart now breaks for the individual who spoke it. Following Jesus is SO not boring. In fact, if you crave adventure and want to
live of adventure, follow Jesus. Guess
what, you don’t even have to cross the ocean to truly follow His calling in
your life.
(*Disclaimer* if He calls you to a
foreign land, GO cause He has called you too that for a reason).
I’ve been home from
Zambia for over a month already and the adventure with Jesus, has not stopped. Time and time again, He has continued to
prove Himself to be faithful through the “little” things in life. While I have also spent oodles amount of time
with friends and family, I have also been able to sit back and reflect on my
time in Zambia. Although I know the
processing will be an on-going process (always is), I have realized one thing…
Zambia did a lot (of good) to my
heart and soul and God ‘restored’ pieces of my own life that I did not know
needed it.
Towards the end of my
time, it ‘dawned’ on me that I would actually have to re-enter the workforce
when I got home. This thought honestly
scared me as I had not worked a full time job in over two years, due to going
on the World Race in July 2013 and Providence University College last
fall. Traveling to foreign countries had
become my new ‘normal’, not working a full time job. Although I had learned to trust God on a
deeper level, the thought of applying for a job, setting up interviews, and
then (hopefully) starting it, flat out terrified me. However, the peace in my heart that I have
felt many times before, remained and I was confident in knowing God’s hand was
in control and that somehow, He would work things (job wise) out perfectly.
I recall having a
conversation with Him, somewhere flying high over the Atlantic Ocean, specifically
in regards to a job. I flat out told Him
that youth was a high priority to me this coming up year, and that I wanted my
evenings and weekends free for that reason alone. I was confident (not cocky) in the fact that
my heart/passion for youth and youth ministry was (is) ‘God driven’, so He
would just simply have to make it (a job) work around that.
Guess what, not only did
He ‘make it work’ but once again, He exceeded my expectations in what He
provided and in how He provided it, for me.
To the very fine details, He worked EVERYTHING out so perfectly. Better in fact, than what I could have ever
imagined. Initially, people would ask me
how I felt about my new job and how I liked it.
Truthfully, I was so blown away once again at how God came through, that
I was left looking at the speechless. I
knew what I wanted to say, but I would just stand there in awe of God’s crazy
love for me.
Like I said, adventure with Him never
ceases to amaze me no matter where I am in life.
I’ve been at my job now,
just over 3 full weeks and already I have learned more than I thought
possible. I have been stretched, blessed
and encouraged in unexpected, brand new ways.
Yes, there have been ‘good’ days and ‘bad’ days, but at the end of the
day, God is truly still God.
He IS good and He is faithful.
If you think following
Jesus is ‘boring’, perhaps try a perspective change.
Instead of asking what He
can do for you in your life, ask what He waiting
to do through you in the lives of
others…and get ready to hold on as God takes you on an adventure of a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment