Friday, July 08, 2011

Lessons learned in Africa and at home...

Tonight we had a dessert night with Seeds of Hope...and it made me miss Africa all over again so very much more!  honestly, since we have gotten home, it has been in the back of my mind.  Ok, actually it is still very in the near front of my mind!  I have got to find a way somehow to get back there, before 2012 (when our church is sending another team) and this time...for a longer period of time!
I was reminded tonight- of God's provision, of HIS amazing goodness
I am in a spot right now, where I do now know where, or what, corner my life is taking.  A year a go this time, I imagined myself living in this town for one year and that was that, nothing more.  I was/am bent on not wasting my life away in this town.

In this last year, I have experienced many things I did not think I would during this year of living and working.  I experienced lows (spiritual battles), and highs (baptism, youth, retreats, AFRICA, and the list goes on).  Memories I would like to forget and memories I would never ever want to forget.  Challenges and victories.  tears and laughter's.

Yet, what has been constant through it all..is God.  I dont have it all together, and I know I never will, but to borrow words from MERCY ME's song "I KNOW"....
"I know, I know that God is able
I know, I know that He still reigns
I know, I know that love has found a way. "
(check out rest of song here on youtube!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189yCdO2hk0)

God is able and He will find a way.  I was reminded of this constantly in Africa with the kids and I was once again reminded of it tonight through yet more stories.  However, i still struggle with this...if we know that God is good and that HE is able..why do we still struggle to grasp this idea so very much? That, I do not know.

fence

puddle jumping determination

lamp post to where?!?

seeing the finest details

capturing beauty

windmill fun!



Windmills from a bug perspective!

Enough said right?!?
I am excited to see how and where God takes me this summer, this year.  Whether that is back to Africa (or anywhere else) or even if He has me stay here at home working with youth and just, well working...ministry is still here right? The need is great..but am I up for the challenge?  Are you up for the challenge of being God's hand and feet?

1 comment:

Al Sawatzky said...

It sure was good to see John and Susan again wasn't it?