Ever been caught in the middle? why is does everything boil down to politics? In the church, outside of church, in ministry, in different organizations. Is there ever any real escape from it? I guess we are only human, so we will always fail (thank goodness for the cross), but really people- a little common sense never hurts yah know?
I've been told before, when I have gone on different trips (especially international) to never talk politics (government etc) with the locals or in public areas. I get why-in that sense I do and yes it does make sense. What I dont get, is when it comes down to 'representing'. I've had it told to me by a specific organization to remember who I was/am representing. Oh wait, thats an easy "A" answer..like duh-my life is suppose to/should represent God and God alone-isnt that what all that matters? Oh wait Nikki, lets not forget about your town, your local church, your college, the organization, your country, your government etc etc and the list goes on. There are rules and regulations to follow-some stricter than others, reports that must be made and yes, even gathering 'infromation' on campers to be used by who knows who to keep track and see if a certain program is working..
COME ON PEOPLE! No kidding Christ when into the church and over turned tables! way to show emotion!
Now I get why it is important to remember who we are represting but hey, just a thought-if we (like we should be) strived to represent Christ and Christ alone in our every day lifes-there should be no need for this constant reminder.
I know I wrestled quite abit with this prior to heading out on a missions trip a few years back. dont get me wrong, I loved the country I was in and fell in love with the local missionaries and people alike-but what I did NOT like, was the politics behind it-politics that I felt from the main office (not the local people I spent time with) and yes, even from my college at the time
No kidding this world is so confusing. NO kidding our youth are struggling with their identity in Christ. We (as the church, organizations, groups and people who claim to be Christ followers) are failing.
Perhaps the main singer from Skillet (music group) said it best last week at their concert0 there IS a war going on each and every day...and no its not iraq or anything..its a war for our souls, for our entire being and body.
I know for myself, there are days the enemy is definatly winning and that I hate. But each day is a choice right, a new start? Whose side were you on today? whose side will be winning tomorrow? Personally, I hope that tomorrow I can/will wake up and say, "Ok God, I dont know what today will bring, but today-with YOUR strength alone, I am fighting this battle for you. I am choosing YOU"
No comments:
Post a Comment