Saturday, October 15, 2011

One.Life.

Ever get a book that just "clicks" with yah? I have found that I am very good at buying a book at impusle and then having it turn out to be something that totally clicks with me.  It happened with a book called "True Religion" as well. (A great buy/read right before heading to Africa in April).
Anyways- "One.Life" talks about the Christian Life and how we have, One.Life, to live...so we should be careful HOW we live it and for WHO we live it for.  It focuses a lot on God's Kingdom. Not a kingdom that we, as humans, would percieve (ie king sitting on an earthly throne etc) but a KINGDOM with God the center and focus.  It also talks a lot about dreams and the power behind them.

Although, I don't actually have the book at my side as I write this, I can not help but think of the term "Missions".  Actually you know what, lets scratch the term "missions" (I mean really, who came up with it..) and lets take a word(s) from the book instead...Committed.Life istead.

What does a Committed.Life look like?

It is simple.
However at the same time, it will be one of the hardest things ever.

A "Committed.Life"-looks to Christ in all things, while giving Thanks despite all/everything that goes on in that Committed.Life.

A Committed.Life seeks justice for the opposed

A Committed.Life cares for the needy, widow and orphaned

A Committed.Life shows Mercy and Compassion

A Committed.Life prays for their enemy

A Committed.Life offers their gifts and talents for God's Glory (after all, HE is who gave them to us)

A Committed.Life forgives even when its the Hardest to forgive

A Committed.Life is willing to give up their life for Christ

A Committed.Life lives in/with community

A Committed.Life hears Jesus's call...and follows

A Committed.Life loves their neighbour as themselves.

A Committed.Life loves the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul and mind.

Finally, perhaps Philippians 4:8-9 sums it up:

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

No comments: