Saturday, February 25, 2012

Convicted

Ever have that feeling, when God has been "nagging" (for lack of better word), you to do something that you really dont want to do?!?!? 

Yeps, I have

Ever know that your suppose to have a conversation with someone, a conversation that you really dont want to have and have literally been putting it off for months? But now God has said "enough".

I have

Does your stomach ever get all knoted and twisted? And you would rather go to a foreign country and witness there, than at home with your own family? (Seriously- give me a group of kids in Zambia, or adults living in poverty in the Philippines and be asked to speak-than talking to family)

 Mine Has.

Funny how that works eh? How we can do 'huge stuff' like flying across teh world and preaching, yet when it comes to family and friends....I personally-have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fear.

But, as the title says; I am feeling convicted to do something about it.  time to take a "leap of faith' and get out of the boat onto the rocky waters-with my eyes on Christ.

A few things have convicted me to do it.

1) Most important-GOD
2) scripture/prayer
3) my youth (how can I be a leader, challenge my youth in their faith through youth nights/bible study, when my own fears are holding me back...hello hypocrite!)
4) My mom
5) Myself


So here's hoping it goes well.  I am praying for a good, raw and honest conversation with a member of my family shortly (no its nothing life serious or anything like that, but its somehting I know God is telling me to do)

So with that, have a great Saturday!

No comments: