So its been a while. Thought it was time to update this thing perhaps-not that life has changed much recently but hey, all of a sudden I had an urge to write. SO life. It can be summed up in two words "The same". Yet at the same time-life is always an adventure right? There are always ups and downs to it-after all, it is what we make it right?
Recently I read a post on a friend's of mine blog-how looking on FB can be quite depressing-people moving on with their lives, traveling, dating, getting married, having kids etc etc. At this point, I am in the stage of life where that is happening with all my friends (some dating, some engaged, married and yes-quite of those who are married, actually have kids) This is great! Please dont get me wrong...but at the same time, I can not help but ask "what is next for me?" what is my "next big step?" Dont get me wrong, life IS good and I couldnt/shouldnt complain about it-but I do (mostly to myself). Maybe its "winter blues" (alhough we have had an amazing winter with great temperatures!), or maybe the travel bug is starting to bite harder once again (I am thinking this has a large part to do with it). I am SO tempted to pick a destintation (chances are, in canada- and take a longer weekend and go fly somewhere-seriously) just to get up and go. (just looked at some flights too..BAD idea for me..the looking part-makes me want to do it more!)
Town's been interesting lately tho...different issues have arised in a local school-one which I really dont feel like going into detail to (mainly cause I dont know enough about it/some things are just safer not to talk about) but its been interesting to see/hear people's thoughts and reactions on it. Yet in a way, its like it is dividing the town and making a HUGE deal out of something that really isnt so big (this issue has made news headlines around MB and apparently even the Toronto Sun...you know "small town, close minded people" which a part of me agrees with but thats a different story) but yes it has been interesting.
Ah well. Despite all of that life IS good. I mean really I have NO reason what so ever to complain about. Work is alright. Yes I have days when I so dont want to go to work (who doesnt?) but when it comes down to it-at least I HAVE a job (unlike 90% of the world) that pays alright and is flexible. Still living on my own, but yah know what I am good with that. totally still enjoying that and all it brings! Youth is still great. Each and every week it is a high light for me. A chance to learn, grow and connect with the youth.
So yah I am learning what it means to "give thanks always' despite what happens. So here are a few things that I am thankful for (lots more, but these have really stuck out lately)
-A God who loves me for ME
-being saved by His grace and His grace alone
-my past experiences and how they allow me to connect with those around me (so valuable)
-My "kids" out in Zambia (wow Do i miss them!)
-My family (especially my little brother!)
-Youth and youth nights!
No comments:
Post a Comment