What an interesting day (to say the least today). I was quite looking forward to church this morning because I hadnt been there yet at all this month! crazy I know! Not that I am using these as an excuse-but I sort of am...one weekend was long weekend (I was gone), and last weekend was our church conference in a different town-so our services were cancelled. BUT point being, I was quite looking forward to heading back and worshiping with people there. I had no idea how interesting the day would be...
I woke up to a nice rain (which, after having like +35 for 3 weeks, was a welcome blessing), went to church and discovered the pews I grew up sitting on, where gone. Instead-there were chairs! weird! I knew our church sold the old pews and are getting new chairs (good use of money? another topic for another time)-but point being-that really threw me for a loop...church almost seemed "less welcoming?" if that makes sense?
The service was really good and the worship (music part) was good as well. Actually the service was on "worship" and what it is (another discussion for another day) but it was still a good service! well done Ryan!
So, like normal after church I stuck around a bit and was one of the last ones to leave...went to go look for my jacket and well, long story short-my jacket got 'taken' (for lack of better word)...Im thinking someone accidently grabbed it instead as there was another lone jacket there when I looked...so i biked home (in the rain) and ended up going back to attach a note to the other jacket..BUT it was NOT there!!!!!!! One would think that if the person realized they took the wrong one...would bring the other one back too when they went to go get theres...
Now really, I dont really care. its just a jacket..but the thing that sucks-is that my keys (work included) were on a landyard in my pocket in my jacket (usually keep those in my pant pocket, but for some reason today-figured they would be fine in my jacket-ironic eh?) Praise God I have an extra house key and will just get a new work key tomorrow.
What a way to start the day
middle of the day was good
I left my parents to head home later in the evening and discovered a small leak in my bike tire (mode of transportation to work...) great. Thank you God for dad's! Although my parents were gone, when they got back, my dad patched my tire...so I am hoping its good to go still tomorrow!
needless to say-I will be glad when today is over-maybe it will go better tomorrow?
Going for needles later this week (travel needles)..could be an interesting week!!
1 comment:
I agree about the chairs thing, if felt more cold while walking in this morning.
Post a Comment