Thursday, July 19, 2012

Holiday from God


So the following is copied off something I sent to a good friend of mine from college...figured it sort of spoke to what I was/am going to write about anyways

Honestly-God and I are ok. Not really a low and not really a 'high' so to speak. Reading my bible daily is/has been harder again (not sure why cause when I DO read it, its awesome and i can feel the fire growing-so why I dont keep reading- I am not sure..devos always have been hard for me to maintain daily). I know God is still alive and moving, but lately-I've been asked some tougher questions by those around me (good questions) but they got me wondering. I have lots to pray for-but I fear my prayer life is drying up (which is scary for me as its something I have/do rely on.) I am finding that I am having to "remind myself" to focus and pray but I am also re learning that prayer and worshiping God comes in lots of different forms as well.



So with my title "Holiday from God"-it is NOT like I have called it "quits" on God..cause I've been close to that in the past and well, lets just say-never again will I be that close...


I once heard a sermon about taking a 'vacation from God'-the pastor's main point was that summer is a change of routine..there is little (if any) routine in most people's lives (cause its summer) BUT what he did say tho was, to take a 'vacation' from God, isnt good.  That too often, we do just that-put "God on hold" for the summer. 


I feel that perhaps-this is whats happening to me.  I dont want it to.  I need to/have to fight harder to draw close to GOd.  To seek HIS face. To pray more. To worship more. To read more. 


So if you can-pray. Pray that I will not fall away further from God, but that I will draw to Him.  Pray for yourself too-that you may feel and experience God in a new way this summer.  I KNOW God is very much alive and moving as even today, I saw/heard evidence of this, this evening.  Right now-its thundering and lightening like crazy out there...that in itself, is a testimony to the power of my God!


Holiday from God? I am crazy.  I am totally and completely lost without Him.  This is one holiday that I do NOT want to be on.

No comments: