Wow, 25 years young (cause I refuse to say the word 'old'!) and what a crazy 25 years it has been! I had a fantastic day in the city yesterday with my mom and what a blessing it was! Pedicures (yes in -25 degress C weather!), Mongo's for lunch, MEC for WR shopping (got lots done and spent a lot of money!! Is it July yet?!), starbucks and a movie to finish off the day! What a blessing and a joy!! here are just a few pictures from our pedicures off my itouch!
| mom and I-love her! |
| In the movie theater |
| yes I wore sandals...it was AWESOME! |
For real though, one of the best things about 'mother/daughter days', is the car ride in. Just being able to simply talk for that hour/hour and a half in and then again back home, is something I hope I will never take for granted! It is something I know already I will miss TONS when I am racing next year on the WR.
With my birthday around the corner, and with the race right around the next corner-It doesn't happen that often, but there are days/times when I DO compare myself to those around me..especially friends that I grew up. Friends who have been married for a few years already, with a kid or two or one on the way. Friends who are planning their weddings or recently got engaged, or buying a house or 'moving on' with life. I cannot help but think to myself...'why is that not me?' Am I that far behind on life?' What the HECK am I doing with my life? Questions like that, that I KNOW God has figured out and knows HIS plan for my life...so God likes to remind me of the things that I HAVE done in my short life of 25 years...and wow what a list/adventure/ride its been!
As I was talking with my mom last night, I realized that yah maybe I dont have a PHD or masters, or a husband, or kids or things like that...things that people really 'push for' in this area...things that are the 'norm' but thats okay with me (And just for the record, this is NOT a post bashing ANY of those things...I realize that God calls us each to our own walk/path in HIS time..so please understand me on that!)
Yes I do have a 3 year BA 'under my belt' through SBC but what is way more, in the last 7 years of being out of high school...I have had the honour of traveling international not once...but 5 times to 4 different, but equally amazing for their own way, places. Each trip overseas-whether it was for school in Sweden, or my second time back to Seeds of Hope in Zambia, has helped shaped who I AM today. You do not need a degree to go and love...you just have to be willing to be God's hands and feet and to be broken for Him. You need to be willing to step out of your comfort zone and take a risk on that person, or child that the world deems as 'untouchable' and 'unloveable' because that is where Christ is. The people that I have met in my travels--will always hold a very special place in my life. I know God has placed each one of them in my life, when I needed them the most-even though I may not have known it at the time. I can honestly say I have brothers and sisters in Christ around the world, lifting me up and prayin for me...now THAT is a humbling experience!
To bring it down to more of a 'local level' my three years at SBC challenge/blessed and encouraged me in a way that I never could have dreamed. That too, GREATLY shaped who I am today through solid biblical teaching done by amazing professors who love Jesus, to older women in dorm who were willing to take a 'chance' on me by investing their time and energy into me, to classmates, roomates and friends--the list goes on
Basically-here is to 24 amazing, hard, challenging, joyful, stressful, broken, healed, years of living!! Thanks Jesus for each and every one of them. Thank you for the greatest gift of all...to be called YOUR Child!!!
Love you Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment