Saturday, January 13, 2007

Is God Good? Always?

Is God Good? Always? That was a question the other night at Jr youth. (what a question to start off the year! I like it!) After a few large groups things, we broke off into our small groups to chat. You know, for having a group of girls that are in grade 8, we actaully have some really good conversations. I dont know if I could have given answers, or maybe its more true feelings like they were giving at their age. Maybe the opportunity never came up? I dont know, but regardless, I am glad that we are trying to stretch them already at this age. So back to the question, is God good? Always? Right away, I want to say "yes he is, always what is the point of even asking that?" Well, upon thinking about it more and more, to my surprise, well not really, my honest answer is "No, personally i dont think that God is good always." I can think of lots of time, when at the moment, I was like "God, what gives? Why arent you here, helping me, I thought you wanted whats best for me?" I am sure you too have had moments like those. A month or two ago I was even questioning why I believe what I do. Like I have said before, I feel bad for even thinking that way, becuase I have had it "drilled" into me all my life. Maybe thats the problem? Maybe its just not real anymore, or maybe I am just barely starting to learn what walking with Christ really means. After our small groups, I had a good talk with a friend and I expressed some of these ideas, and she looked at me and kind of gave me a look that was not only sincere, but knowingly (if that makes sense). She made a comment about how perhaps God gives us, or allows us to have these moments where we doubt and even question, so that we are better prepared for something else. Or maybe, if its here or not, we will run into someone else who is going through the exact same thing, and its becuase you know exacually what they are going through, that you can then help them out. Does that make sense? While reading the book "Can you Hear Me? Tuning in to a God who Speaks"- by Brad Jersak, there was a quote in there that has stuck out- "Its called Faith, and Faith often involves a Wrestling match with the creator" Faith, thats it.
So is God Good? Always? After some sincere thought and consideration, I have come to concluded that Yes he always good, we are just incapable of understanding his ways and maybe someday, as we work through different parts of life, we will be able to look at the time when we were Spiritually at our lowest point, and realize then that God is good. Always

1 comment:

(Ali) said...

hi nikki its amber its so weird before coming here and wile being here i've felt alot of the same stuff your discribing! even though theres such a big age difrens, god can make the same fealings! its so weird being in another contry! the other day some of our friends told anessa that she was going to canada tomorow [which she was] and anessa wanted to go to and my mom said we were staying here and anessa started to cry I felt soooo sorry for here! I miss you sooooooooo much! praying for you please pray fore use! love amber

ps
just to remind you e-mail is tweetygirl101@gmail.com