Friday, January 19, 2007
Sunrise
So this morning, on my way to work, I was thinking, man, I wish I could see the sun rise. It was kind of that pre dawn time, the suns reflectiion just slowly starting to come over the horizon, but oh no, I had to get to work. So I am walking back to my table, when I notice that the door in receiving, where the semi's come in, is open, and the sun is casting an eearly morning sun rise into the building. I am pretty sure I slowled down my steps just so I could enjoy it a second longer. Wow I wished I had my camera! So anyways later, I am dropping off an order I had just filled, and it jsut so happens that it is going to a place where the drop off is right by the door for receiving (does that make sense), and so I got to look out again (this was a few minutes later) and the colours are even more alive and brilliant then before. Oh how I would have loved to had stopped and watch the full sun rise! I also happend to glance at the time, and it was right around 8:30, so a time when I am usually up and ready to go, and I thought to my self, "why Dont I take the time more to go out, enjoy the sunrise?" For those taht dont know, I love sunsets! and taking pictures (st. laurent lol :D). Then I realized that either a) we sleep in and miss them or b) we are too busy doing whatever that we dont take those few extra minutes to appreciate somethign as simple as a sunset/rise. I know a few years back I just happend to talk to someone from the mountains in BC and they mentioned that they loved the flatness of the praries just cause of teh sunsets and all. They didnt get to see the amazing colours. Its an interesting thought. So yah, next time you are up early for whatever reaason, go out, catch the early morning rise, or if you miss it, take a drive out of town or teh city and appreciate the sun set, becuase sometimes I wonder if God thinks "would you slow down and appreciate this master painting piece that I have created for you accross the sky?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Having lived in BC most of my life I can tell you the sun set and rise (the whole sky for that matter)in manitoba is a way bigger show generally. I am guilty of being too busy...thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment