Thursday, May 01, 2008

Breaking down

So yesterday I had typed up a whole write up for here, but apparently it didnt update the blog, so yah here we go again and hopes it works.
Anyways, School is officially, 100% done for this year. My first year at SBC done, wow insane. HOw do I feel? Not sure yet. Right now We have my brothers wedding on saturday so very busy with that so though I have had some time to process everything, still working on it from making that shift to saying bye this past monday, to wedding stuff to starting work this coming monday. all just very busy and it takes me a while to adjust at points.
That said though, I think I am looking forward to starting work on monday. A friend of mine will be working there this summer with me and I am looking forward to getting to know her better and develop our friendship deeper through breaks and just talking and all. That said also, I know come july and August it will be hard and trying with the amount of work there and the hours I know I will have to put in and all...yet someone at school made a good point. They too were just going back for the summer to work and their goal was to hav that become their mission field. I will admit, I am quite bummed about not doing anything international like I had hoped at first, but this started to make me think about how I can be God's light were I work. I think, no I have made it my goal to each day, just brighten one persons day a bit, whether at work, home or out on the streets. I pray that God will use me this summer in those small ways. That said though, I am flying to ontario for may long weekend to hang out with friends tha tI met in sweden. we are having a Holsby reunion which I am SUPER pumped about! Flying there with a friend from sask. and then for 2-3 weeks injuly I am planning on being a counselr at camp. So I guess I am doing sometihng. Something that was stressed over to me lately is that God will use me whereever I am, as long as I am willing. So that is my prayer also.

As a short reflection on this past year, I dont know where to start! One thing that really sticks out is not the classes or the 2AM or 5AM timmy runs, or sev runs, or even something as powerful as Mission X, it is the smiles, hugs, lauighter, community, friends that were there that stick out. THough this summer break is much needed, I miss them dearly already! Again God has blessed me so much this last year with peoples friendships. For those that knew me prior to school/europe will know that I was more laid back and not as social as some, I also had a large personal bubble. NOw I dont know if this is good or bad, but I know my bubble has totally shrank this last year (and I tihnk its good) I am discovering who I am, the fun side is coming out more and things dont embarress me liek the used to...thanks to a few certain people!
SO yah, not sure who all reads this still, but those of you from SBC-I can not say thanks enough for everything this past year! IT has been a riot and I will never forget this year! AND keep in mind, more great times to come next year!
Till next time (which i hope is sooner then this last one!)
take care and God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I JUST TODAY made up my mind that I wanted to make at least one person smile every day! Good on ya for deciding that too! Just don't forget to smile yourself! :) Luv ya!