Saturday, May 31, 2008

Spring!








Here are a few pictures Which I took today of our back yard. The strangest thing happend today-long story short-there was a mother duck with her ducklings etc and two got seperated, one ended up on our yard and i managed to catch it (poor thing was so scared) and let it go in the back where there is a pond-hopefully the baby found his mom!
Spring is in the air (bought time:D) and today was so nice out! Last night-we had the privilage of having the African's Children Choir in town. Wow was that inspiring! Here was a group of 7-11 ugandan's and Kenyans-boys and girls touring across North America. At one point they went through and said their names and what they wanted to be when they grew up-there was everything-such as doctors, lawyers, politicans, solider, mid wife, musician you name it-it was there. The passion in these kids voices...wow I wish we had that passion. There kids will change lives at the rate they are going. But what about us? Has that passion burnt out? Do we need to re unite that passion? What passion? The passion to live and to make a difference in the day to day life that we live. I am not just talking to other people, I am also talking about myself. THe world is huuuuuggggggggggeeeeee! and though I have seen such a small part and would love to see more, am I qualifed to go out into the world and make a difference, when I cant even do that in my home town? With the people I have grown to know and love?
Its something to think about it...
in the mean time-check out the African Childrens choir website at http://www.africanchildrenschoir.com/
Also you have the chance to see them this sunday-tomorrow- June 1, 2008
7:00 pm
Grant Memorial Baptist Church
MB
Winnipeg
877 Wilkes Ave
Tel: (204) 989-6740
Until next time
God Bless

2 comments:

Olivia said...

nice pics, nikki! love the little duckie! :) so cute!

Anonymous said...

hey nikki! i had an opportunity to see the same children't choir here in Swift Current! It seriously left me in tears! I totally get what you were saying about their passion. It's like so many little things that we take for granted...even just education. And they are SO excited about it. I wonder sometimes what it would take to have that passion ignited again... to get excited about something as simple as clothing or school...
After I left there I knew that wanted to go to AFrica..well i've known for a long time that I wanted to go, and being there just confirmed it for me. Right after that I actually got in contact with AIM (Africa inland mission) and they phoned me back and want to meet with me this summer..so there is a good possibility that within a year I could be heading out there!!!
Anyway, i'm just at work and bored to death. Sometimes there is nothing to do so i read people's blogs! hope you have a great day... and hopefully see you sometime!!