Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Pondering a thought


One thing that I have come to enjoy is just sitting back and watching the people around me. This evening was no different. I was at my brothers Junior high spring concert and just walking out, listening to other peoples conversations around me (in a non creepy type way). A group of girls were talking about flats (shoes) and the arches they have-this short cameo converstation put a ponder of a thought in my head. When do we start caring about the things around us and realize how huge the world is? I think back to a year a go where I was...June 5 2007 I flew home after my stint in Europe. I left in March having no idea what to expect, and came home still now knowing where the next section in life would take me, but I came home different-changed even. I can never fully described what happended inside of me while I was in Europe. I gained so much-new expereinces, new knowledge both bibilically and just in life, new understanding and appreciation for old things, new culture and an appreciation for my own,new faces and friends (Who I still treasure dearly).
THere is so much knowledge out there waiting to grasped and learned. I wonder where those girls will be a few years down the road. Will they settle for the life they have here in Altona, Manitoba, or even Canada? Or will the do something phenomenal in todays world? Find a cure? solve the issue of world hunger? Or even things that appear to have smaller effects, but are just as important-help improve the local community, change someones life, say the right thing that needs to be said? I think of the people who have affect my life (waaaaaaaaaay to many to name but I hope you know who you are!) and I dont know where I would be without their love and support.
I wonder where life will take me in a few years. Where will I end up? What will I be doing? I of course, have my hopes and dreams, but again those are mine, not God's. My job is to listen and Obey him.

So thats just a little thought for the day/evening-Take it for what its worth.
It made me pause in my tracks and think

No comments: