Ok so computer messed up so this is attempt number two for this post. But here is a quick summary of what I had written-I was a part of a conversation this weekend that was on role models and mentorship-either intentially or unintentially. Looking back upon my life and the people who have impacted it-wow there are so many from all areas and walks of life! I know the best thing would be to tell them this personally, but due to some physical distance (as in not living in the area) its tough. THough Family has also impacted me-this will relfect more on the friends throughout my life. But here is a A quick example of mentorship is my little 13 year old brother and this guy heading into grade 12. He was the leader for my little brothers small groups in jr youth (which he loved). Just the time and committment and fun he put into it for that group-sounded like a great time! They acutally had a sleepover this last weekend-I mean really how many grade 12 guys will give up their fridays to hang out with grade 8 boys for a sleepover? I thought it was awesome!
I will start with the first name that pops into my head-
Mrs. Leah Perez! Leah-not sure if you read this-but if you do-thank you! Although I have only known you for a year (not even) what you have shown me and taught me-words can not describe my thanks! I am still blown away at how you, as a third year-took time to connect with me-a first year-this last year at SBC. Our walks and talks-timmy's runs, quarky moments, serious moments-hugs, smiles, all of it. You taught me to be honest with one another-to open up and share worries and thoughts and concerns. You encouraged me my gifts and challenged me to use them for God. You reminded me of my own dreams and destintations and challenged me to never give up on them. My goal for this next year at school- is too connect with a frist year the way you connected with me Leah. I pray that God will allow that! There are days when Belize is just to far! Leah I miss you like crazy! I hope and pray God has Belize in my near future! Thank you so much for everything!
Shelby Rose Third! Shelbs-life was so boring before I met you over a year a go at good ol Holsby! Since then we have gotten to know each other and its been a blast! It feels like I have known you my entire life! Through emails and this past time we spent in ontario and sweden last year-you have challenged me. You have been open and honest with me in your struggles and questions and I thank you for that! Shelbs I see a lot of myself in you in the area of those questions-I too have and continue to struggle with those! Keep looking heavenly and pressing on friend and to quote our good friend Johnny B "See ya at the wedding!"
Lisa Klassen! Oh lisa lisa lisa-when we first met back in grade 7 like I said-you totally intimidated me! Here I thought you were another "brat" and would join the group of "cool" people, but you didnt. I am so glad I got to know you through Ball and become friends! You have been a blessing in my life! My prayer sis! Our talks about God and life have been priceless. You continue to share thoughts and experiences with me and dreams and I thank you for that. I know life isnt always easy, but hang in there! God will use you to do awesome things! I am enjoying working withyou this summer! Always great to see a happy face at work (even when its tough!) Keep on praying friend! Love ya lots
Carleen, Allison, Little Landis and Char! Going into your dorm room at school, always invovled some sort of adventure! Char-I loved our talks and time spent together! Keep your spunk and joy for life! Alli-GO BOMBERS GO! hehehehe-my die hard sask. roughriders fan! What are we to do with you?! jk. Your honesty with me and willinglyness to share-thank you so much! I am eagerly anticipating what next year will bring! Little Landis-always a smile on your face! you challenge me girl-you challenge me to be me-thank you for that. Heres to a great year next year! Carleen! ROOMIE TO BE! I cant wait! We are gonna have a great year! Its been awesome getting to know you! Our love of travel will take us places! Italy sounds great!
Olivia-coffee sometime k? We shared struggles together and there were times when I knew you knew exactually how I felt! Thanks for being someone I could talk to! Really appreciate it! Keep on being you! Hang in there and if you are around steinbach at all next year-come visit! Miss ya
Niki McCorkindale (just so people know I am refering to another niki!) Lets take the dogs out again sometime k? Thank you so much for being someone to confide in! Your honesty about not knowing answers to questions I have given you-at the time annoyed me, but now I am so thank ful for-it showed me I dont need to know everything in life! It is a continuing process-we are always learning! You are an amazing women of God and are doing super awesome things with our youth here in town! KEep up the awesome work! Praying for ya!
Kelsey and Jayne-when I think of Ontario- along with other things- I think of how the weekend was "all about Jayne" and the crazy car rides from Kelsey! You guys challenged me to be me-no matter who I am with or where I am! I am glad you got to see me at a different level. Thank you for everyting
Becca! oh becca! I miss you! I too, saw a lot of myself in you. I feel I could relate to you. We both had our bubbles but we also both managed to invaded each others and become really good friends! I will totally miss you in dorm next year! You HAVE to come visit! Keep being you and remember no ring till you are 20! hehehehe!
Erin-Oh erin-what about you! You have helped me out so much-i dont know where to start! God is and will continue to use you! Keep on letting him! Thanks for being the person I could turn to regarding my inital worries about school, but also thank you for forcing me to get out and make my own connections and not allowing you to be someone I could fall back on if all else failed-I credit a lot of this last year to you for that reason! You are totally in your comfort role as head CGL next year! Keep it up! (though I take not reponsibilty if I cause trouble hehehehe! It was carleen, not me!)
That is just a small list of people-there are so many more- My goal for this next year at SBC and even for camp-is to become a mentor for those around me. To hopefully influence others the way these people have influence me. I can not do it alone. But with God and prayer I can!
Have a great night and a great week!
2 comments:
Thanks, Nikki. Good reflections...encouraging people and letting them know how they've impacted you is definitely somethign designed by God. Keep on! See you around!
Thanks Nikki. Yes, definetely miss you too! As soon as I'm settled into a bit more of a routine I would love to get together! Oh, and all the best at Camp! I know God will use you for who you are. Just be yourself, the kids will love you! :) *hugs* take care!
Post a Comment