Saturday, July 05, 2008

Last update from home before I leave

Tomorrow morning, I am getting a ride to camp... How am I feeling? Similar feelings to Europe acutally, little nervous and a lot excited! It will be a brand new adventure and here is a very quick layout for the next two weeks.
Arrive at camp tomorrow by 2. Campers come at 3:30. I will be senior counsalling ages 12-14 girls the week of July 6-12 and ages 10-12 from July 13-19. Little nervous about the junior high age, but also excited as that should be a good age for connecting with them and having some solid deep conversations but will also lead to some tough questions, where I hope to be stretched as well. But yah I hope to update my blogspot
(http://troubled-heart.blogspot.com/) while I am gone, but no for sures, so remember to check that out so often and comment so I know people read it please. But yah a few prayer requests as I am sure more peeople will read this:
Prayer for saftey and health-that God will prevent sickness and injuries and all and that it will just be fun and safe
Pray for Guidence for me-this is my first time at camp for leading a cabin-like I said a little nervous-pray the Holy Spirit will work through me and that God will be glorifed
Pray for protection-Spiritual protection
Pray for friendships-one week goes quick and is hard to develop friendships and connect-pray God breaks down walls earlier on in the week and that friendships with campers and other staff will just connect and "mesh"
Pray for peace of mind-to calm not only campers nerves but mine as well when I feel overwhelmed
Pray for renewal for myself especially- I have gotten into much of a routine of working here at home that my focus is on that and not on God always like it should be. Pray this time will draw me closer to God and relight that fire for him for the rest of the summer and onward.
Pray for unity and commmunity-something SBC has taught me-pray for that
pray for the ride down to the camp-my folks are bringing me tomorrow- so prayer for a safe ride there and back for them
Thats alll I can think of now, hope to update and get one facebook at least once or twice while I am gone. Heres the site of the camp as well
http://tucktime.ca/
But yah heres too the next too weeks! Don;t forget to GIVE LIVE LOVE
God Bless

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

all the best as you experience the joys, frustrations,fears, happiness, tears and everything else that comes with camp. I am praying for you and I hope you inspire each of your girls as much as you have inspired me! God's Blessing on you!
Cassandra