Saturday, July 19, 2008

All Praises to the Great I AM












Well I did it
Yet another two weeks have come and gone and as I type this, I am at home and my time at Turtle Mountain Bible camp (TMBC) has passed, but the memories will last. How do I sum up my last two weeks in a blog that wont take lots of hours to read? Yah I know I didnt update it much while I was gone...no time and didnt want to waste teh time I had with kids on here.
But yah all in all it was an amazing experience-one which I hope to experience again, whether its at the same camp or else where. Now I am in the process of trying to process it all...seeing how its sort of difficult to do that there since you are always moving and going and all. Lets just say if you want to hear more after you've read this post, give me a call or email or something, cuase I will just highlight a few things on here
What I Learnt/reminded of
1. God loves me (and you) so much that He sent Jesus to die for our sins so that we may have a relationship with him, regardless of past sins/mistakes
2. God is totally working, even through campers/people when we dont think He is
3. God is a God who protects us- this point he proved again and again with keeeping the camp safe from a tornado 2 miles down to the south of us, and another one 10-15minutes away. Praise God we were totally fine, no damage or anything
4. God is always there
5. Prayer works-it really does and it totally pays to start the day off in prayer
6. Relationships are so very important (especially a relationship with God) but with people as well. We all crave relationships
7. There is beauty all around-take time to soak it in-its a gift from God
8.Even though we may not have the answers to life questions, God does and he will work through us

Yah just a few things I've learnt (along with a small taste of pics). Those weeks, i felt nervous, scared, incapable of the task, excited, thrilled, stoked, rejuvenated, lost, basically everything a person could feel.
In closing (this post anyways) I have been asked, would I go back...my answer is simple...YES

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm so excited to see how camp has the same effect on everyone who is willing to be pushed out of their comfort zone and take a leap of faith to be used by God. It is an amazing, life-changing experience. So glad it was a good time for you!