Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wanting to Go when God Says "Wait"

God's Timing-I am learning more and more (especially these last few days) about God's perfect timing. Deep down, I know its true as I have been told over and over about it, or have heard stories from other people about God's perfect timing in their lives, but when Things start to click for plans that are in the making, or you realize why you should do another year of Bible school after it was a hard descision to make, it feels pretty goood. (hope that made sense).
Let me back track a bit-earlier this year (like in Feb.) I was really struggling with what to do this summer and fall. Do I stay and work locally, or do I go on some sort of international trip? Do I go back to SBC come fall or should I work and then travel in Jan? Should I go with an organization or just solo again? These questions were building up and I had no idea what to do with them.
A friend of mine made me this little collage (you know who you are!) late one night after DQ in -30 weather! and yah basically it was a map of half the world with stickers on it, different quotes and sayins on the back. On one side, it it broke down these myths about God and went on to say "what I know for sure" There was also a picture of a sketched plane that had an X through it- almost saying "not yet". Basically, now that I look at it, and think about it, the individual and poster was telling me to wait, to attend another year at least of school and just wait.
Now, a few months later, I am learning why. People through church, ironically, or part of God's plan, are getting involved with the country of Belize, either through CCI, or teaching down there. I have never thought about traveling to Belize, it was always just Europe, but now, questions like "why this year are all these connections working out when I have made good friends who live down there? Is God telling me this is where he wants me yet?
I was mentioning this all to mom this weekend at the beach and she said, "who knows, maybe this is why you had to wait, to allow all these connections to fall into place". Regardless I am pumped about it. God is good. Though I know right now, my focus needs to be on work and especially camp these next two weeks, I will keep on praying about all of this, and I ask that you do as well. Pray that God will open doors, that I will be willing to follow, even if I dont always know where I am going. Pray that I remember to wait when God says wait and GO when God says GO!

No comments: